Cool Jessem clear cut stock guides for tablesaw

On Friday I picked up from Woodworking Warehouse my new Jessems and today I was able to setup and use them . Out of the box the quality and heft are impressive. The track is quite heavy I assume it's an extrusion but it seems more like its milled as all the corners are crisp and clean, it feels nice. As for the guides they are solid pieces of milled goodness a real toolness to them.Setup is easy, I fitted the track to my Laguna Platinum table-saw fence using the supplied self tapping screws (drill bit and driver supplied). To make sure the track was parallel I butted it up against a piece of timber.Then it's simply a matter of sliding the guides on and locking into place making sure that they don't go near the blade.Height adjustment is easy one screw which you loosen then adjust guide up or down tighten it and your done.I then ripped 8 pieces of Vic Ash 1.8m x 150mm x 22mm into 32mm strips.Putting the first piece in I was pleasantly surprised that the guide performed exactly as advertised it pushed the stock down onto the table and into the fence by the third piece i was wondering how I'd managed without this piece of kit.It does make ripping easier, the pics I took of the cut timber shows the very small amount of sawblade burn which I put down to operator error as bumping the timber or stopping whilst pushing it through doesn't help.I then put through another load of differing lengths and the more I put through quicker and better the result.Overall my impressions are that this is a very well made and designed product and hopefully I'll forget the price just like I do with festool gear.Sorry I just tried posting the pics but they seemed to have disappeared . Will take more shots and post later
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything, but they
    bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs .

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Hey fubar
    Thanks for the mini review of the guides, I think they make nice tools and like there engineering design for robustness all though at times reading through it sounded like Barry White song was going to break out oh baby this thing is sexy. I really like there router lift idea and can see how they have got better and better over the years. I can imagine the the saw guides have developed the same. Nice one
    Cheers
    Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scuzyboy View Post
    Hey fubar
    Thanks for the mini review of the guides, I think they make nice tools and like there engineering design for robustness all though at times reading through it sounded like Barry White song was going to break out oh baby this thing is sexy. I really like there router lift idea and can see how they have got better and better over the years. I can imagine the the saw guides have developed the same. Nice one
    Cheers
    Peter

Yeah wrote it late last night and I may have been a little effusive but in my defence it's a ripper piece of kit
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything, but they
    bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs .

Haha no it's good to hear some passion about some new equipment so many times I hear the disappointment in write ups due to build quality or not functioning as advertised. I personally save up for a long time research the crap out of what's available then buy so when I get something and it works I to give a little click of the heels and the fact we can now buy them locally is a bonus now

Yep, he's right, I've had mine since last year and I would only add they are easy to lift out of the way for small widths. I've got mine on a Incra TSLS fence system.

SB
    Power corrupts, absolute power means we can run a hell of alot of power tools