Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Gravity.

They are heavy.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Got a parcel in the mail this morning from LordBug, a good selection of low hydrogen rods to try.

7016, 7018, 4816, & 4916 are what I can see at a quick look.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Just getting around to posting some pics of the repaired grader.
    It works like a bought one again, I took it out & did a couple of hours grading with it.

IMG_1303 (Large).jpgIMG_1301 (Large).jpg
    Cliff.

Looks good Cliff, did you use the 35 to tow it?
    Kryn

Cliff

I have only just seen this thread and I read about the first three posts and then went to page five as I guessed it had all been done and dusted. The first posts nailed it in one (eh...two actually).

Low Hydrogen rods have to be kept dry and preferably hot. Certainly they have to be hot before use (that was why they were sticky when you used them cold). I cook them in the oven or an electric frypan. At work they are kept in a hot oven all the time.

Weld preparation is important. Metal must be squeaky clean. Metal you are welding must be hot (LPG flame or preferably Oxy (you can see the moisture disappear from the metal as you heat it up). You also need a dual voltage welder for low H2 rods as the 70V setting is required (Low H2 rods require an OCV of 67.5 volts).

However, this is all academic as it looks like you have the grader up and running. I would love to have got my hands on one of those towed graders a few years back.

Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

"Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely!"

Quote Originally Posted by KBs PensNmore View Post
    Looks good Cliff, did you use the 35 to tow it?
    Kryn
    Nuh, cheap Chinese Appolo, the old Ferg has grader blade on the back, Mum uses it around the house & garden.
    Cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmiller View Post
    Cliff

I have only just seen this thread and I read about the first three posts and then went to page five as I guessed it had all been done and dusted. The first posts nailed it in one (eh...two actually).

Low Hydrogen rods have to be kept dry and preferably hot. Certainly they have to be hot before use (that was why they were sticky when you used them cold). I cook them in the oven or an electric frypan. At work they are kept in a hot oven all the time.

Weld preparation is important. Metal must be squeaky clean. Metal you are welding must be hot (LPG flame or preferably Oxy (you can see the moisture disappear from the metal as you heat it up). You also need a dual voltage welder for low H2 rods as the 70V setting is required (Low H2 rods require an OCV of 67.5 volts).

However, this is all academic as it looks like you have the grader up and running. I would love to have got my hands on one of those towed graders a few years back.

Regards
    Paul
    thanks.
    Cliff.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345