Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default The Technology Available When You Have a Problem

I have probably remarked on this subject before but it still amases me.
    I have an ELU TGS flip over saw. I bought it second hand about years ago. It has been a great machine and its versatility makes it so.
    I downloaded a Manual for it from the Forum a long time back. Now, when anyone is after information the links come to me. I don't mind at all because I feel its a way to "give back" to the Forum as well as helping out someone.
    On Saturday morning when I turned on the computer, there was an Email PM from a bloke in the UK asking how to get the drive belt onto his machine because there is NO adjustment available. Off the top of my head I couldn't remember how I replaced my belt when it broke. I went out to the shed, armed with a camera to cover the method necessary. All went well and as I removed the pulley on the saw spindle I did remember that the pulley wound on to the shaft with a left handed thread and held there with a bolt.
    I then up loaded the photos in a "How-To" (for future reference) and sent them off into the "Cyber Distance". Not long later I received an Email from a very happy chappy in the UK
    It just amases me every time I come across that scenario I have been able to help blokes all over....South Africa, England, France as well as here in Aus
    Just do it!

Kind regards Rod

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by chambezio View Post
    . . . . . . I then up loaded the photos in a "How-To" (for future reference) and sent them off into the "Cyber Distance". Not long later I received an Email from a very happy chappy in the UK
    It just amases me every time I come across that scenario I have been able to help blokes all over....South Africa, England, France as well as here in Aus

What's sad is that for every good news technology sorry there are as many - maybe more - not so good ones.
    At the disturbing end of the scale are the Organised criminals,, pedos, terrorists etc now able to contact and feed like minded nutters.
    Then there are the scammers and rip off merchants that get a wider audience than ever.
    At the less disturbing end is the mindless crap and endlessly recycled urban myths that circulate on social media.

Yes I'm with you there Bob!! If all the crap and BS and all the scammers could be cleared away maybe the whole internet could work a bit faster
    I regard the computer as a "tool" and only use it for finding out stuff. I won't play games!!! and never will. I much rather sweep up the shed or cut firewood for entertainment or actually getting stuck into a project.
    Just do it!

Kind regards Rod

I have only had good experiences with the sending of the DW 125 RAS manual.

Have sent copies local as well as Europe, UK and even sent to the Falkland Is. It's good to keep the old gear going.
    Regards,
    Bob

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.