Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool "The BRAG Thread"

Here it is just to wet your appetite - I started this thread so that 'you' could see photos of 'others' Woodworking CNC Machines either DIY or Shop bought/ Altered/ Hacked... so that the 'creative juices' and whatever 'rings your bell' says "Now thats what I want to have' can be placed here.

Now go and get the camera and post here.

If you have specific questions about the machines you see here then 'Start a thread and chat there'. But for now ... Show us your "Baby" and let the creative urge live long and prosper

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

You had better start it off and show us what you have in mind.

Biesse Rover 24 3300x1300 flatbed, 9kw ceramic bearing spindle and 7-slot tool change.
    Kinda cheating here because it's not actually mine, but I do have free access to it whenever I want
    Pics to follow if people are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by elanjacobs View Post
    Biesse Rover 24 3300x1300 flatbed, 9kw ceramic bearing spindle and 7-slot tool change.
    Kinda cheating here because it's not actually mine, but I do have free access to it whenever I want
    Pics to follow if people are interested.
    Hell yes, does a bear **it in the woods.
    Kryn

Ok ok I will post something....

First machine built many moons ago built with the Help of the Aussie CNC Master ROD the Rocket.
    Name Tapps
    LTT https://www.woodworkforums.com/f170/cnc-router-brisbane-based-58341

Tapps.jpg

Second built in my days at PMQ about 5 years ago.
    Name Sloppy (because it was a bit sloppy but worked well enough for something I through together)
    LTT https://www.woodworkforums.com/f170/named-sloppy-104057

DSC00010.JPG
    Hope that inspires a bit.
    I like to move it move it, I like to move it.

Quote Originally Posted by chambezio View Post
    OK I will confess here that I have no knowledge of these machines as to what they are capable of. Just seeing a flat bed and a gantry above it which I assume holds the router to do..... I also assume that you have to "give" the apparatus some sort of computerised "recipe" to carve a sign, for instance.
    Can you just place a flat piece of material on the bed and make it do what ever without the "recipe".
    I know that CNC is employed to make parts for just about anything (as seen on TV, for instance) so how do you go about getting the thing ready to do a task?
    Yeh Yeh I know I am an old Fart that is lagging behind the rest of the world but I am willing to seek info
    A CNC router is a computer controlled cutting machine related to the hand held router used for cutting various hard materials, such as wood, composites, aluminium, steel, plastics, and foams. CNC stands for computer numerical control. CNC routers can perform the tasks of many carpentry shop machines such as the panel saw, the spindle moulder, and the boring machine. They can also cut mortises and tenons.
    A CNC router is very similar in concept to a CNC milling machine. Instead of routing by hand, tool paths are controlled via computer numerical control. The CNC router is one of many kinds of tools that have CNC variants.
    A CNC router typically produces consistent and high-quality work and improves factory productivity. Unlike a jig router, the CNC router can produce a one-off as effectively as repeated identical production. Automation and precision are the key benefits of cnc router tables.

A CNC router can reduce waste, frequency of errors, and the time the finished product takes to get to market.
    So to put it in an easy way.

Think about something you want to make.
    Design it on a computer program (make a template)
    Program converts to code.
    Load code to machine.
    Press Start.

The best thing is its precise, as well as you can then make the same part over and over by just loading up material and pressing GO.

Hope that helps

Feel free to open another thread and ask more question, as the saying goes the only dumb question is one not asked.
    I like to move it move it, I like to move it.

Quote Originally Posted by chambezio View Post
    OK I will confess here that I have no knowledge of these machines as to what they are capable of. Just seeing a flat bed and a gantry above it which I assume holds the router to do..... I also assume that you have to "give" the apparatus some sort of computerised "recipe" to carve a sign, for instance.
    Can you just place a flat piece of material on the bed and make it do what ever without the "recipe".
    I know that CNC is employed to make parts for just about anything (as seen on TV, for instance) so how do you go about getting the thing ready to do a task?
    Yeh Yeh I know I am an old Fart that is lagging behind the rest of the world but I am willing to seek info
    Old Farts UNITE

Yvan

Quote Originally Posted by KBs PensNmore View Post
    Hell yes, does a bear **it in the woods.
    Kryn
    It really depends on the location of said bear
    Here's the beast:
    IMAG1279[1].jpg
    Assorted bits ready to go. The top left is a 75x20mm roughing cutter and it chews through pretty much everything including the credit card (cost over $800)
    IMAG1280[1].jpg
    The business end:
    IMAG1282[1].jpg
    7-slot auto tool change:
    IMAG1283[1].jpg
    The gantry is made of 15mm steel plate
    IMAG1284[1].jpg
    300 cubic metre/hr vacuum pump to hold everything down. Depending on the porosity of the material, it can generate well over 6 tonnes per sq metre of holding power
    IMAG1285[1].jpg

Now that is what I call a CNC machine. Looks as if a bigger dust extractor is required, going by the last picture.
    Kryn

Quote Originally Posted by KBs PensNmore View Post
    Now that is what I call a CNC machine. Looks as if a bigger dust extractor is required, going by the last picture.
    Kryn
    The filters just need a good clean (it's probably down to about 60-70% of what it should be sucking), but a new extractor wouldn't hurt either
    Another part of the problem is that any dust from cutting sheet material is getting held down by the massive vacuum pump.

You should have seen the floor a few weeks ago, there was a good 3 inches of dust on the rubber mat.

Default Brag Thread

Hi guys, yeh that's a great start. Keep posting your pic's here and a little info about the machine you built. If some want to ask questions about it maybe add a new thread or contact via PM specifically.

Show us your home builds or that machine you use at work if allowed so we can learn how different things can work and maybe not work ... so well? ;-)

There are plenty of great "help threads" on the forum now for those sticky problems. )

Watching and learning here as I look towards a build.

bump

Okay, brag then, I have a few cnc machines, all different sizes and all do different roles

steve

You know the story "No pictures, Didn't happen"
    Kryn
    To grow old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

That is true, all talk and no proof , here is a teaser
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast