Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Greolt View Post
    Just wondered how it is going WillyInBris?

I have finally made a start on my table. Got the Z and X carriage just about done.

Very keen to hear how you are getting on with the Proma and Linux. I will be going Mach3 as I am accustomed to it. Proma should be OK with it.

Pondering things like, whether to go water table or down draft or neither. Mine is definitely only hobby.
    Hey Greg I am probably a decent day away from firing it up just need to sort out the Air side of things don't see that happening for about another two weeks though I managed to pick up some good paying Temp work for a place that I use to work for that ends at the end of this month only four days a week but the 5th has been spent working on the house.

Proma took a bit of stuffing around just because its not really that well documented but I have it working and all all axis's running as well.

I will do a video this afternoon I promise people lol of it at least moving.

I am running Mach3 to start with basically because I understand it, when I have it up and running with look to move over to Linux

I am thinking of going downdraught to start with to be honest it really depends on noise for me a water table just seems a real pain to deal with but I am kind set-up so I can go either way if need be.
    I like to move it move it, I like to move it.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Ok here you go Greg and Rodm and others this is basically that stage I am at.

Looking good! looking forward to seeing it fire up.

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks for the video. That's great.

I assume that the power cable for the torch is suspended from above. Not through the cable chain. Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by phomann View Post
    Looking good! looking forward to seeing it fire up.

Cheers,
    Peter
    So am I if I hadn't stuffed up with that fuse lol I would have had arc/sparks by now.

Thanks for the video. That's great.

I assume that the power cable for the torch is suspended from above. Not through the cable chain. Is that right?
    Na got it going through the chain had it suspended but found it untidy was advised by Hypertherm if I keep the chain radius to 8 inches it will be fine its actually very flexible and I will be getting a separate torch for hand cutting if required.

I am not sure if the torch cable is the same for the machine torch as well as the hand torch or if its only the head and wiring that differ so buyer beware check your torch specs if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by WillyInBris View Post
    Na got it going through the chain had it suspended but found it untidy was advised by Hypertherm if I keep the chain radius to 8 inches it will be fine its actually very flexible .......
    8" or 200mm bend radius is bigger than anything I have seen on ebay or the like.

Check out this supplier. They have a good range.

http://www.conductix.com.au/en
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well guys bit of a update, will be back to this in a week when I get back from holidays have had to keep on working for a mate to help him out now he no longer requires my services lol, so I am taking the wife and kids away to see family for a week then when I get back connect the last two wires and fire this machine up for its first time.

Oh I also have a welder to play with as well tonight and in the morning ) before I have to pack (

Greolt how are you going with yours mate would think you would be nearly finished?

Greolt how are you going with yours mate would think you would be nearly finished?
    Well on the way but, no, not finished. Mine has always just been a "casual, when I get time" thing. (helps spread out the expenses so the boss does not notice)

Table built. Slats in place. Gantry all done. Cable chain to be fitted up. Torch holder to make.

Got a couple of used electrical cabinets. Want to build a mobile control cabinet. On wheels.

The one computer gets used on a couple of machines. Will also house the stepper drives, power supplies etc for the plasma table.

Well on the way but, no, not finished. Mine has always just been a "casual, when I get time" thing. (helps spread out the expenses so the boss does not notice)

Table built. Slats in place. Gantry all done. Cable chain to be fitted up. Torch holder to make.

Got a couple of used electrical cabinets. Want to build a mobile control cabinet. On wheels.

The one computer gets used on a couple of machines. Will also house the stepper drives, power supplies etc for the plasma table.
    Did you end up going down draft on the table, I am still undecided lol.

Did you end up going down draft on the table, I am still undecided lol.

That is yet to be established. Built the table with either system in mind.

But for a start it is neither. I really don't know how much use it will get. Just hobby for me.

I am in a situation where I can roll it out the door and use it outside. Then roll it in again. Put extra big casters on it with that in mind.

I live in a rural area. No close neighbours.

If it gets more use, then I will think seriously about the options

Ok guys another update yesterday I finished off the last of the wire up one of the things I was most worried about actually the main thing I have been worried about is connecting the Plasma cutter incorrectly and blowing the ass out of it someway, I have probably said this before but really the actual documentation is very light when it comes to the hookup and the only post I have seen on CNC zone IS incorrect.
    Last thing I managed to do was fire the Plasma cutter manually by connecting pins 3 & 4 was really cool seeing it cut through steel yesterday will try this through mach3 today then I will load up a file and see what happens.

Well guys I have succeeded and all I can say is that I am ecstatic with my first results.

I have just cut out three 100x80mm Slugs out of 5mm rusted flat bar.

Settings were:
    Pierce Height =3.8mm
    Pierce Delay =.5 seconds
    Speed =2150
    Voltage set on Proma Thc 150 to 118v

All came out with polished sides, no waves something I was worried about had little dross that comes off with a scrape.
    Bit of angle on the long sides (need to centre the head).
    As well as some rounding on the corners that I expected.
    Came out at 101mmx81mm so need to look at my steps I think.

So quite happy with the first results still need to dial it in and finish some things off will make it a bit easer now I can cut parts though .
    Also get my head around lead ins etc.

Oh and as soon as its running on Mach3 I will probably port it over to Linux CNC

Still thinking about down draft off water table, its not as noisy as I thought it would be.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am going to need a THC soon.

How are you getting on with the Proma 150?

Hi Greg its seems fine so far but only been playing with thick 3- 5mm steel will try something thinner in the next few days.

It seems to be doing its job after I trial on thinner material I will be moving Mach3 to Linux.

Its also going to be 40deg today so I wont be going near the shed add about another 5 deg to that.

.......................I will be moving Mach3 to Linux.
    I am trying to find out as much as I can about LinuxCNC. Particularly in relation to THC.

Info is a bit hard to find

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast