Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

View Poll Results: Have you ever contacted Triton to suggest an improvement, mod, new product etc?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, never

39 63.93%
  • Have pointed out a product fault

13 21.31%
  • Have suggested a new product

7 11.48%
  • Have submitted a product mod

12 19.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Improving Triton

Guess we have all seen the numerous posts about helping improve Triton.

Given that I know Triton do see this BB, and I have also suggested they monitor it for the info that comes through, this is a moot point. However, out of interest, who has contacted Triton before to suggest a mod, improvement, new product etc?

Multiple choices are possible on this poll.
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

when i purchased the height winder kit for the saw, i found that the welds on the height winder hadnt been ground down before it was powdercoated, and consequently the pointy bits on the welds damaged the aluminium slides on the workcentre

I did the most effective improvement to my Triton and that was to replace it with a TSC-10HB.

yes, but did you suggest this improvement to Triton ?
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

After purchasing the respirator I filled in the comments section of the warranty card .... and then a separate sheet. Triton were good enough to send me a new filter.

The only problem with making suggestions is that you only get the benefit when you need to purcahse the product again.
    Now proudly sponsored by Binford Tools. Be sure to check out the Binford 6100 - available now at any good tool retailer.

Well, not strictly true- a number of suggestions made (such as for the respirator) have resulted in upgrades, and this respirator upgrade has been sent out restrospectively to all those who filled in the above-mentioned warranty cards.
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

Which upgrade was sent out?

I filled in the cards, with my suggestions. To Tritons credit I did receive a new pre filter which was a harder plastic.
    I didn't hear any further about the other suggestions made:
    Longer hose
    More flexiable hose
    Quick connection between filter unit and hose
    Valcro belt adjustment.

Not complaining just interested to hear what the upgrade was.
    Now proudly sponsored by Binford Tools. Be sure to check out the Binford 6100 - available now at any good tool retailer.

I am a little disappointed that over 200 people have viewed this thread yet only 16 people have voted in the poll and has just 6 replies. I am also a little surprised that Gumby, you haven't suggested and modifications or suggestions to Triton, you are full of ideas yet not directly to where it matters.

Woody

Sorry but I have found that talking to Triton is like talking to a brick wall.

Took two months to get a replacement cap for the blower end of the respirator when it twisted and leaked.

Still waiting on a reply about an upgrade after I bought another respirator after the latest upgrade came out and I asked whether I would be getting the upgrade.

The hoses kink and then you get no air.

So far I am not impressed.

Like the gear but bl..dy poor service.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart_lees
    Well, not strictly true- a number of suggestions made (such as for the respirator) have resulted in upgrades, and this respirator upgrade has been sent out restrospectively to all those who filled in the above-mentioned warranty cards.
    I filled out the card and din't get anything. Also missed out on the rods for the dust bag which help hold it up when the blade is wound down.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodworker101
    I am also a little surprised that Gumby, you haven't suggested and modifications or suggestions to Triton, you are full of ideas yet not directly to where it matters. Woody
    I'm full of lots of things but good ideas aren't generally part of the deal There are people with lots more knowledge than me who can think things up.

I did mention to Triton that my respirator battery pack leaked air around the top which didn't seem to fit properly. I put this on my warranty card. I never heard from them about it. I wouldn't call that a suggestion, more of a mild complaint. Some duct tape fixed it so I don't really care.

My router table isn't flat and I think the respirator helmut has issues with blocking airflow and the fit of the air tube inside. To tell you the truth, after defending Triton to the death in here for a couple of years, I'm not sure I'm much of a supporter any more.

My Leda 12" saw convinced me that there is better machinery around

Actually, since George sold out, development of the WC2000 has been zilch.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

The extent of my Triton gear is a dust bucket which has a tendency to fall over a lot.
    I'm sure that for an additional $20-30 it could be fixed, but bugger it, I just stick a brick in it.
    I only use it with my Festool sander coupled to an old vacuum cleaner, works well enough and no bit ches or suggestion re this, unless they want to pay me royalties for suggesting a brick with each one they sell.
    Sorry, I forgot my super jaws which get used on odd occassions for heavy jobs outside like welding busted gates etc.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Stinkalot
    Which upgrade was sent out?

I filled in the cards, with my suggestions. To Tritons credit I did receive a new pre filter which was a harder plastic.
    I didn't hear any further about the other suggestions made:
    Longer hose
    More flexiable hose
    Quick connection between filter unit and hose
    Valcro belt adjustment.

Not complaining just interested to hear what the upgrade was.
    Contact Triton, 'cause there was an upgrade released recently that was sent out to heaps of people (for free).

It was a new, longer, vastly more flexible hose, with a positive screw fitting at either end. The upgrade therefore included a new top for the battery, and a new vent for inside the helmet, both with the threads for the hose.

Sounds like they listened to you
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

Quote Originally Posted by Woodworker101
    I am a little disappointed that over 200 people have viewed this thread yet only 16 people have voted in the poll and has just 6 replies. I am also a little surprised that Gumby, you haven't suggested and modifications or suggestions to Triton, you are full of ideas yet not directly to where it matters.

Woody
    My comment still stands, that Triton do know, and read this site, so suggestions made here are available to Triton.

Whether they choose to read them of not is their choice. When something of particular relevance has come up, I have spoken to my contacts in Triton and pointed out the thread.

So in essence, anything Gumby has shared here of relevance has gone to Triton.
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

Arrow

Oddly enough, GMC have a link on their website requesting any ideas that you may lkike to share wth them.....I Emailed GMC with a suggestion as to a new(ish) tool that could be designed.................. That is a thicknesser with a small jointer on the end (Up to 50mm?) It could run off the thicknesser motor............ No answer was the stern reply.............. So why bother?

I still think that it is a good idea....
    Catch ya later,
    Peter B.
    (Corunetes)
    --------------------------
    You, you and you, panic!..... The rest of you come with me!

Default Feedback to Triton

Stuart,

Last year I asked Triton (in a letter) if they were interested in suggesstions, I got no reply, possibly because of GMC looming?

Subsquently I posted my thoughts on future Tritons in Woodworker101's thread "Your Triton Ideas Please".

Should I submit my suggesstions directly to Triton? Or GMC, or both?

(Fearing some more highjacking here).

Graham

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast