Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Terra Gator

Got everything made for the left side and first coat of paint applied also got all the tank parts ready so now on to the right side Copy of DSC02507800.jpgThe pile of completed parts is starting to pile up. I was hoping to have this completed by the time the fall season starts in october looking like I might make it no big deal if I dont just won't have much time to work on it

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

No tips on the painting from me either as I made a motorbike rocker that took eight weeks from start to finish and of that 3 weeks was the painting it may be slow but is always worth it in the end.

The pump unit is looking good and as crowie says will look good when painted.

Well things are going pretty good I got all the right side parts made and and the last coat of paint on everything except the black stripe on the hood and I am Not looking forward to it either. Tomorrow I am going to start some assembly work Yea. Copy of DSC02822.JPG

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker57 View Post
    Well things are going pretty good I got all the right side parts made and and the last coat of paint on everything except the black stripe on the hood and I am Not looking forward to it either. Tomorrow I am going to start some assembly work Yea.
    And we too are also very much looking forward to the assembly and completion of this WOW project....
    Well done Tracker...Cheers, crowie

Well things are going pretty good I got all the right side parts made and and the last coat of paint on everything except the black stripe on the hood and I am Not looking forward to it either. Tomorrow I am going to start some assembly work Yea. Copy of DSC02822.JPG
    Looking real good mate.

Just look at it as a challenge. I too am a bit wary about pin striping my loco, but can always paint over and redo it. I am sure you will do a fine job

Keith

Well assembly is coming along slow but sure ?? I was starting to run the hydraulic hoses and thought that should run to the pump guess what? No pump! just one more little thing O well this is a hobby isn't it. Any way I was sure glad I had room under the tank for wires only four more sets to go under the tank and only three sets coming out to the switches on the case I haven't done much on the cab I guess that I must be saving it for last. Well next up is going to be the tank wish me luck. Copy of DSC02829.JPGCopy of DSC02832.JPGCopy of DSC02835.JPG

Well assembly is coming along slow but sure ?? I was starting to run the hydraulic hoses and thought that should run to the pump guess what? No pump! just one more little thing O well this is a hobby isn't it. Any way I was sure glad I had room under the tank for wires only four more sets to go under the tank and only three sets coming out to the switches on the case I haven't done much on the cab I guess that I must be saving it for last. Well next up is going to be the tank wish me luck. Copy of DSC02829.JPGCopy of DSC02832.JPGCopy of DSC02835.JPG
    Good Luck !!!

Tracker, It looks real!!! Crowie

Well still plugging away on the gator got all the parts put on the big tank but before it could go on all the wiring had to be complete also one of the things I have putting off only because I needed to come up with rear tail lights and turn signals then I had a brain storm and wall LA here they are so now all the wiring is complete Copy of DSC02836.JPGCopy of DSC02837.JPGCopy of DSC02839.JPG

Ahh the joys of wiring scale models. looks like you nearly have it finished. For very small lights I found it great to use small fibre optics from a single light source.
    The model is certainly taking shape

You are doing an excellent job tracker

Couldn't stand it. I had to go back out to the shop and bolt on the tankCopy of DSC02840.jpgCopy of DSC02841.JPGCopy of DSC02842.JPG

Tracker, This project is just the most...
    The detail, the time and effort to make it so realistic, sir, it's right up there with the best....
    WELL DONE INDEED...
    Cheers, crowie

Thanks Crowie. Is just the most, are the key words it is the most challenging thing I have ever attempted and I have built a lot of stuff in the past 50 + years I can remember when cutting out cardboard was a challenge with my little sister watching over me and dad supervising in the back. Dad always had a wood shop and made a lot of stuff. Many times I would be a helper as a outfeed table saw catch person making sure to backup nice and straight so dad could keep the long boards aligned against the rip fence. One year for christmas when I was 12 or 13 there was a large and heavy present under the tree with my name on it, what could it be I never asked santa for any thing that Big Well it was my first woodworking tool a lathe? I think dad wanted one so now we have one. Thanks Dad. I still have it but it needs repair so that on the list for this winter Project6.jpg

Well got up early today and got a good start on the boom spray bar and tips and a hydraulic line wish I could of found a little bit smaller and more flexible white wire but this one worked out ok Copy of DSC02848.jpgthe black tube that drops down on the right is for dispensing foam for a marker to show where they have been. One of the TerraGator operators from work stopped by last night and he was impressed I had been sending him some pictures but its better in person

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast