Hi Tracker,

Your work is very impressive - well done

Regards

Keith

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker57 View Post
    Well got up early today and got a good start on the boom spray bar and tips and a hydraulic line wish I could of found a little bit smaller and more flexible white wire but this one worked out ok Attachment 359666the black tube that drops down on the right is for dispensing foam for a marker to show where they have been. One of the TerraGator operators from work stopped by last night and he was impressed I had been sending him some pictures but its better in person
    I can understand why he is so impressed "Tracker" and YES it would be so much better to see in person...
    Look out you're going to have visitors...cheers, crowie

If I am going to have visitors I better clean my shop it is a mess I had to crop my last few photos so you guys couldn't see the mess. Its almost shuffleboard season so i need to get it cleared off also, right now is my drawing and catchall table.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker57 View Post
    If I am going to have visitors I better clean my shop it is a mess I had to crop my last few photos so you guys couldn't see the mess. Its almost shuffleboard season so i need to get it cleared off also, right now is my drawing and catchall table.

Tracker,
    A shed that doesn't have some mess from time to time is a shed that isn't used....so mess is good .
    Cheers, crowie

The boom is looking great, it must be getting towards the end of the finishing. I also can see why the operator that visited you was impressed as am I

Quote Originally Posted by crowie View Post
    A shed that doesn't have some mess from time to time is a shed that isn't used....so mess is good .
    Cheers, crowie
    Good job you don't see mine after a days turning

Finished the boom today and I'm ready for a beer after three days with tweezers and under a bright light, sounds kind of like torture doesn't it all the hoses and lines are done the hole thing is ready to bolt on. Now on to the cabCopy of DSC02863.jpgCopy of DSC02864.jpgCopy of DSC02865.jpg

Hey Kevin,

I think you have been on it too long - you're wilting away

Your work looks fantastic. Don't drink VB Gold when you have a beer.

Regards

Keith

like that last Photo did you make yourself to scale for the model. Very impressed with the finish on the booms

Yes I made myself to scale but it's a downward photo of the boom and a straight shot of me so its not quite right i'm going to try to get some good ones when the build is done.I got a little start on the cab today and spent a little time cleaning good thing too because I had another visitor from work stop by.

Well I got a few more small parts made for the cab. I Made the mirrors from a broken camping lantern i found in a dumpster tore it apart and used the reflector cut into small pieces for the 3/8 inch round mirrors i glued a square piece to a 3/8 dowel and took it to the disk sander and sanded to match the dowel then cut it off with a razor worked out good also bent up wire for the brackets the first one went well the second one too match the first one took a couple of tries. got the rear flood lights mounted and i am pretty happy with them altho i wish that i could have hidden the wires a little better and i still may try to cover them with something. Next i need to fill the spaces between the doors and windows and carefully paint between them, on the real cab of course the windows are clear and the spaces are black but being the window are black i am thinking about using the yellow body color for inbetween?Copy of DSC02875.jpg

Great Work Kevin,

You young guys must have really good eyesight for such small and fine work. This cry logo is because mine is deteriorating. Congratulations, keep up the great work and keep the photos coming please

Keith

I don't know about young, I have two grandchildren ages ten and thirteen so that officially titles me as grandpa and I think that I am ready for new glasses. My wife is on vacation and is gone visiting her sister for ten days so you know what that means, Unlimited shop time,yea but there are some drawbacks like cooking, cleaning did I say Cooking? The gator is coming along I have used up all my parts I had and now its down to about fifteen more small parts to make I am going to make a list of toodoos. Yesterday I Painted between the windows with yellow and made the hood monitor I had to call one of the operators to see what color lights came on when it was running, so on mine I drilled very small holes to match and filled them with the correct paint colors Project22.jpg

Default Granddad's Club

G'Day Kevin,
    I too am a member of the "Granddad's Club" and retired, but never seem to get enough "Shed Time"..
    You are doing a magnificent job on the model sir.... I love the detail of the build and boggle at you patience...
    On the cooking & cleaning front; well that's life and we all have to do our share....also take-away is good..
    Cheers, Peter

I agree Crowie, Made some good progress yesterday put the cab on and got the the roof lights all wired and working the hood is also on. Today I need to make front wheel spacers and five mud flaps and a whip antenna and paint a few small pieces that I made yesterday O I almost forgot it's laundry day too, i'm also going out to the inlaws farm to get a old picture window to cut up to make a case for it. I had some glass but nothing big enough, i'm guessing i will be about 30 by 40 by 14 inches that should be enough room to display the gator with one boom folded up in the cradle and one extended out. i will post a few pictures tonight

well today I got my front wheel spacers made tool box handles on and one of the grab bars on the cab also started on the mud flaps witch consist of strips of old T shirt painted then I got sidelined thinking about the case and what to ues for the light switches so I put this one together it is shown upside down two switches one for lights and one for yellow flashers and a center momentary button for the motor and fan lights.I tried to get a scale photo but it doesn't still look right I am 5'9 ant the tires are 5'4Copy of DSC02908.jpgCopy of DSC02909.jpgDSC02878.jpg

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast