Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Terra Gator

Here are a couple moreCopy of DSC02914.jpg Copy of DSC02910.jpgmy List is getting way smaller

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

You have done a great job Kevin - Congratulations

Today got my mud flaps made and put on and that's about all. Hard as I try you guys are a half a day ahead of me and I cant seem to catch upCopy of DSC02921.jpgDSC02922.jpg

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

If one didn't know better one could think this is a real piece of machine which someone have photoshopped down...

I believe Iowa is central time - I think 15hrs behind Australia east coast??

Not an issue when we get to see something as good as this!!!

As Peter said it does certainly look like a full size one. A fantastic build so far and I certainly look forward to all the little bits yet to add and the coming together of the main body and spray arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker57 View Post
    my List is getting way smaller
    Yes the list may get smaller but the smaller items which are normally the things still to make can be the ones that take up a lot more time than you would think.

Hi guys up for today are the headlight lenses I'm going to cut them from plastic soda bottles and use some fine sandpaper on the back side so they wont be so transparent and glue them in then make the tool box steps and put the lower mirrors on that are all ready made also make two more valves for the rear fender I had to order some more 3/16 rubber tubing thought I was going to have enough but came up short. not the first time I was wrong won't be the last006.jpgDSC02510.jpgDSC02554.jpg

I stopped by work yesterday and they all wanted to know if i was done yet i said its getting closer then one of the guys the one that stopped by the other night looks at me and said are you going to put the metering valve on it i thought that he was just kidding but he looked serious so i said of course i am ( thinking to myself o no did i miss a large important part ) Then i said what the --ll is a metering valve well here it is outlined in red easy add on just one more little part rightCopy of 016.jpg

Tracker (Kevin)

It is becoming a bit confusing - can't tell the difference between your model and the real thing - a true credit to you. Better start put (model) or (prototype) beside your photos

Keith

Sorry about the confusion Ha Ha mine doesn't have mud on it yet. Got the mirrors put on and they were a nice touch now when you walk around the back to take a look you can see your self and the side of the machine I had to get them adjusted just right before the glue set .

Between you and Replaconics your both making it nigh impossible to tell what is reality and what is a model.
    Hope your going to show it to the manufactures of the Teragator
    The person who never made a mistake never made anything

Cheers
    Ray

Is a mater of fact Altorfer just opened a sales and service center down the road and they also sell TerraGators

Dalboy you were correct, the small parts and pieces are real time consuming. Before if I got stuck making a small piece I could move on to something else now when i get stuck i clean the shop for a while as a bonus the shop is starting to shape up. I did manage to get the front toolbox steps made and painted yesterday they were tricky as the toolbox bottom was cut at a compound angle I thought they looked good yesterday I am hoping they look good today, I did have a beer or two while making parts cleaning and watching football--- multi tasking

We had a beautiful Lunar Eclipse last night tried to get a picture but none turned out If Crowie would have been here i'm sure we could have gotten the job done

Well went out to the family farm to do some mowing while i was there i picked up an old double pane picture window 48+45 got the wood striped off of it and the panes separated it is 1/8 in glass, a little thicker than i wanted but it will work just fine but it will be heavy also picked up a saw blade.The steps are on and also the rear fender valves and i'm impatiently waiting for the tubing that i ordered. do you like the mirrors ? Project36.jpgProject32.jpgProject33.jpgProject34.jpg

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

G'Day Kevin,
    How could anyone but say YES to this first class model.....
    All the little specific details you are painstakingly adding is just magnificent sir....
    So then to the mirrors, WOW!!!
    Though that very big saw blade has me puzzled??
    Cheers, Peter

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast