Default Triton 2000 selling need some help please

Hi,
    Am wondering if anyone can help me or give me some guidance. My husband has (had) a Triton Work Centre 2000 which I am having to sell. Sadly I know nothing about these things and I have been trying to get some idea of how much to advertise if for.
    As far as I can see there are the following items:
    Triton Work Centre 2000
    Jigsaw
    Biscuit Joiner
    Dust Collector

The saw is a Makita and the Jigsaw is a Bosch.

It has not been used vey often and is in excellent condition as far as I can see.

There all sorts of bits and pieces that seem to come with it including a stand with a roller, plus the Triton Project Book, Training Video, Work centre assembly Video and Jigsaw Kit Assembly instructions.

If anyone could give me an idea of what it may be worth I would be very grateful.

I am attaching one photograph but have more if that would help.

Many thanks,

Marion
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Looks in good nic.

I paid $50 for a second hand router table no router and $200 for the saw table with a saw some years ago

Dave TTC
    Turning Wood Into Art

Quote Originally Posted by Marion W View Post
    Hi,
    Am wondering if anyone can help me or give me some guidance. My husband has (had) a Triton Work Centre 2000 which I am having to sell. Sadly I know nothing about these things and I have been trying to get some idea of how much to advertise if for.
    As far as I can see there are the following items:
    Triton Work Centre 2000
    Jigsaw
    Biscuit Joiner
    Dust Collector

The saw is a Makita and the Jigsaw is a Bosch.

It has not been used vey often and is in excellent condition as far as I can see.

There all sorts of bits and pieces that seem to come with it including a stand with a roller, plus the Triton Project Book, Training Video, Work centre assembly Video and Jigsaw Kit Assembly instructions.

If anyone could give me an idea of what it may be worth I would be very grateful.

I am attaching one photograph but have more if that would help.

Many thanks,

Marion
    Looking at the photo, there is also a router table to add to your list.
    I would check prices on Gumtree and eBay au.
    Eg. Gumtree has them from $150 without saw up to $650 with saw and other accessories.router table, bare, $70 up to $340 with big router.

hope that helps

The two units you have look extremely new, in fact they probably haven’t seen much work.

You actually have two units, the triton Work Centre, which is on the left in your picture.

This is what a new one costs http://www.carbatec.com.au/triton-se...-system_c20849

Allowing for the fact that yours has a power saw already in it, plus the other accessories, then I would suggest a starting point would be close to half of new price, say $350 for the 2000 work centre and $50 for the power saw $400 for the unit with accessories. As your equipment appears to be very newish, I would think a higher price could be possible.

You should be able to find all of the items in the link I gave, click on the picture for an enlarged version. That is what the Work Centre comes with.

The Biscuit joiner and jigsaw are great to help with the sale, but are not items generally sought after. I have both of them and use the biscuit joiner when required and it is good, but a handheld biscuit joiner is what most people use.

The triton Router table may or may not have a router underneath it. Have a look under the router table and see if there is a router. A router looks a bit like a funny and slightly fat, electric drill.

Once again I would suggest a starting price of around 50% of new.

Basically I work on the assumption that any second hand unit has a starting price of 50% from new. I go upwards if it really is newish and downwards if it is very second hand. Many other people will use something like that to get to a starting or haggling price.

This link takes you to all of the Triton range. There you can see what you have and the new price for each item or tool group.
    http://www.carbatec.com.au/triton-po...ssories_c20845

Maybe some local Western Australian members may be able to help you.

Unfortunately the triton work centre and associated equipment has lost a fair bit of value with the influx of ever cheaper machines that are reasonably close in what they offer. This has brought the price of second hand equipment down a bit unless it really is like new. Your stuff looks like new, so you should be able to move it along for a fair price.

I hope this is of some help.

Mick.

Thank you Mick, that gives me an idea to go on - as I said I have very little knowledge in this area. Sadly the units did not get much work as you rightly suspected, I did approach Carbatec to see if they could give me an idea but never heard back.

I will look at the links and work it out from there - your help is greatly appreciated.

Once I have dealt with this I have a myriad of my father's and grandfather's old woodworking tools to work out what to do with!! Life is a very large learning curve at present and I appreciate the assistance from members on here.

Regards,

Marion

There is a market place on here thatbis free to use. You might like to try that.

It can be used as an auction or buy now

Dave TTC
    Turning Wood Into Art

Thank you Dave, will have a look at that.

Regards,
    Marion

Not sure if you need a minimum post to he able to sell but if you have any problems say so here and one of the moderators will be able to assist I'm sure

Dave TTC
    Turning Wood Into Art

Default Thanks

Thank you for all of your help - the Triton etc is now sold! Next venture I have to deal with are my father's and grandfather's old tools - planes, spoke shavers and all sorts of foreign items (to me!). May need your help again but will see what I can fathom out first!!!
    Thanks again - help greatly appreciated.
    Marion

They will be so old they aren't worth anything I could drive over and remove them for you
    I would love to grow my own food, but I can not find bacon seeds

Now you're talking some stuff i might be intetested in

Dave TTC
    Turning Wood Into Art

Default Best place

Dave - I have a few and don't know the description of them all - would someone be able to give me a guide as to what they are called and what they might be worth, and if so which would be the best Forum to post these on? Thanks for the offer Tonto - to save you the trouble maybe I should use them for firewood??!!

Not sure if you have posted pics or not and I don't really know what they are worth. I am collecting old machinery and tools as I want to have a museum one day.

Dave

The Turning Cowboy