Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Looking for a B&D Radial Arm Saw Model 1512 Owners Manual

Hi everyone, I am in need of an owners manual for this RAS.

Does anyone know a link or have a PDF copy that I could source.
    I am trying to find negative rake blade also in a 12" also if anyone has any suggestionssuggestions.
    Cheers Tony

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Search this forum for a 2013 thread by Ramps - someone has a similar manual

HTH

Thanks for that. I have sent them a private message to see if they still have theirs.

Cheers Tony

Default Manual for 1251, 1501, 1503 only

Never did find one for this model
    Conwood sent me a copy from a slightly different model (DeWalt) 1251 which also covers the 1501 and 1503 ... looks a little later than my model but seemed to work just fine for me ... a while back so I can't remember the difference apart from a more modern guard.

I haven't used mine for the last few years as the it won't start from a stationary blade give it a bit of a spin before pushing the button and it's fine (...bloody dangerous ... but fine). Replaced the capacitor ... no change ... just sits there and hums a boring tune. Doesn't smell like the starter windings are burnt out. Thought it might have been a centrifugal switch that kicked in to switch between starter and main windings ...but that doesn't exist. I now feel it is the highly complex electro-mechanical/contact switch in the switch box attached to the motor (not covered in the manual ... in fact I don't know where the equiv is in the model for the manual I have) ...but I tend to think that it's just one of the spring contacts not releasing or making contact.

Nice saw that did so many things that I couldn't do easily other ways (like swinging the blade into horizontal position) but now that it's mounted in the workshop, try as I may I just can't seem to control the dust from the beast so I'm thinking of retiring it (along with the starting prob it has)

I'll see if I can dig it and email it thru
    Cheers
    Ramps
    Ramps

When one has finished building one's house, one suddenly realizes that in the process one has learned something that one really needed to know in the worst way--before one began.

Ramps and Conwood thank you very much for sending me the manual, I am very grateful. I have had a haemstoma removed from my groin recently and have not been on the internet much so sorry for the late reply.