Default Designing wooden toys

Gday all,

I'm new to this forum and do hope that I am posting in the right forum/thread. Given the amount of threads and posts I'm sure someone can steer me in the right direction.

I am interested in designing some wooden toys with moving parts. I set out looking for a basic of the shelf windup toy mechanism...somewhat like a clock movement however, I am only finding from suppliers (Alibaba express and the likes) complete toys that appear to be assembled. I really don't want to have to pull apart and be left with a bunch of crappy plastic in the i.

It would take some careful consideration to design and make my own mechanism either from metal and/or plastic gears and other assorted parts but it's a little to complicated for my brain. I want to focus on the timber parts and build into the toy/s the mechanism which is either wind up (keyed) or with a pull string.

Has anyone purchased and/or used such a mechanism...? Where is it from...? Cost etc...?

Thanks in advance if you can help me out.

Ian.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Ian have asked mods to move this to main section so more will see it.

There are a number of sites give me a bit of time as well as others and we'll soon have you on track.

Oh by the way welcome to the forum these toy makers and we do have some fellows making Automarta as well

Here's one of the best http://www.craftsmanspace.com/?optio...d=14&Itemid=29