Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes I'm well aware of only being a sander that's y my thicknessor sits right next to the sander don't get me wrong the sander works fine on small stuff it's just when compare it to some demos u see u wonder that's all and yes I do clean the paper regularly I also think the conveyer belt could be more grippy

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Pretty sure I know y it's been playing up ,here goes my mate who fixes tools for a living explained what's going on apparently there's a thin metal strip near or on the main motor and when that gets to warm or hot that's what triggers the overload button and what happens over the years that metal starts get weaker and weaker and the overlad starts to trip way to early so looks like that metal strip is getting the and he recommends to just listen to how hard the motor is working .cheers osage👍

Glad you have sorted it out.
    Tom

"It's good enough" is low aim

Quote Originally Posted by Osage View Post
    Pretty sure I know y it's been playing up ,here goes my mate who fixes tools for a living explained what's going on apparently there's a thin metal strip near or on the main motor and when that gets to warm or hot that's what triggers the overload button and what happens over the years that metal starts get weaker and weaker and the overlad starts to trip way to early so looks like that metal strip is getting the and he recommends to just listen to how hard the motor is working .cheers osage👍
    So you're saying that Carbatec isn't quite as bad as you said in your first post above?

Thermal overload? I just open the shed door and the -5° air does just the trick!

Just as a mention, occasionally 40 grit is put on my thickie... OCCASIONALLY as its like a horizontal chainsaw! On slow it can take of 5mm at a time.

Just last week I used it with 120 on the hardest red gum youve ever seen... it did an absolutely wonderful job.

I love my thickness sander - one of the best tools in the shed....

Nah still think crapatec is over priced on a lot of stuff but we don't have a lot of variety as they do in the states when it comes to shopping around basically we've got Carbatec ,hare&forbes and just recently timbecon so we've just gotta cop it I spose

Baileigh are supposed to be opening in Tullamarine soon so it will be interesting to see what they have.
    Tom

"It's good enough" is low aim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12