Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default where to buy Eze Lap 8x3 sharpening stones from

Hi,

I noticed that most vendors of the eze lap system seem to apply the Australia Tax to them. Is there a cheaper place to purchase them from? or maybe a cheaper alternative product that does the same job?

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Hi Jason and welcome to the forum. Don't know what grits you were after but these - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Professio...3D181634264639

are pretty good buying at just under $31 for the stone alone. Not quite their premium product, which has titanium as the diamond carrier but pretty close.

This is their premier product - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/retai...031671526.html
    I don't think it's worth that premium.

Cheers,
    David

Amazon is where I got my stones from... Cheapest by far when you buy a few items.

I'm a big fan of ezelap stones but keep your receipt. Their quality control is slipping a bit.

I have about 8 of these in the 8x3 size ( a few backups as well as some for the kitchen) and had problems with two of them. One had build up on the edges but that was easily fixed with an old file. I just knocked the corners off no problem. On one of the extra fine stones their is about 20 little spots (tiny) that are high....I have not fixed it yet but was planning on chipping these out.. I still would not use anything else. I have had problems with DMT but they get a good wrap online.

Quote Originally Posted by aldav View Post
    Hi Jason and welcome to the forum. Don't know what grits you were after but these - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Professio...3D181634264639

are pretty good buying at just under $31 for the stone alone. Not quite their premium product, which has titanium as the diamond carrier but pretty close.
    To slightly resurrect a dead thread I can not recommend that ebay dealer, 3 months later and no diamond stones and no promised refund later has found them on my never to buy from again list.