Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Lamborghini Countach 5000qv

Got few plywood scraps, so couldn't resist to start biggest scale model I ever started.
    My workshop is so tiny that I have to make this model in uncomfortable conditions.
    But hey, once the passion is there, the end result should come
    This one is 1/4 scale, so over 1m in length.
    3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg
    1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

G'day Ray, I'm in for this one...love you just make it happen, BUT WOW, a metre long......Cheers, crowie

PS - some years back there was a story about a Lamborghini Countach in the Navada Desert all blacked out with the driver using night vision goggles..
    They'd collect drugs from a small plane and drive them into a drop-off distribution centre on moonless nights....
    Cops eventually caught these very high speed drug runners when then lite up the highway with floodlights blinding the driver....

Quote Originally Posted by crowie View Post
    G'day Ray, I'm in for this one...love you just make it happen, BUT WOW, a metre long......Cheers, crowie

PS - some years back there was a story about a Lamborghini Countach in the Navada Desert all blacked out with the driver using night vision goggles..
    They'd collect drugs from a small plane and drive them into a drop-off distribution centre on moonless nights....
    Cops eventually caught these very high speed drug runners when then lite up the highway with floodlights blinding the driver....
    Cheers mate, that's some story

Thumbs up

This is looking good!! Keep it coming!!

Quote Originally Posted by artme View Post
    This is looking good!! Keep it coming!!
    thanks, will try budy

Default keep it going

Added some some detail work to strengthen roof, started work on front, added surrounding case for side vents as well.
    4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

It's interesting to see how you build the car from scratch. Maybe you can build a cut open model next time like you see in magazines sometime. Will post a photo when I'm not on my mobile.
    It looks fantastic. Will follow this thread closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogo02 View Post
    It's interesting to see how you build the car from scratch. Maybe you can build a cut open model next time like you see in magazines sometime. Will post a photo when I'm not on my mobile.
    It looks fantastic. Will follow this thread closely.
    Any suggestion is step closer to spark new idea for next model. Do let me know what you mean by cut open model. Thanks for comment as well and thanks for following this thread

Silverlux, I mean a model like in this picture. I think your models are great for this, since they are scratch-built and detailed.

Bob
    bla.jpg

Dang that looks good

Silverlux, I mean a model like in this picture. I think your models are great for this, since they are scratch-built and detailed.

Bob
    bla.jpg
    good idea, will keep this in mind for future projects

Thumbs up bodywork

Managed to add some body panels at front and started work wit doors.
    Due to panels being thick it requires extra time to thin down edges of panels going on top of side panels.
    Will try to complete body first before proceeding with hinges for front and rear bay covers. Scissor type hinge doors will
    be challenge to master so as the hinges for other moving panels. Might try to add pop up lights as well.
    Haven't decided yet if body of this will be clear coated as is or veneered entirely.
    Will have to wait and see the end result to decide on this.

8.jpg9.jpg

Silverlux,

This looks amazing. Ofcourse I can not measure up your model, but it looks very realistic and the lines are very well done.

Can you tell us a little bit about how you do this? Do you have detailed pictures with dimensions? A very good eye and sense of space/lines? Or do you have a 1:1 scale car in your garage so it's easy to take some measurements?

Bob

Pulling up a chair to watch this one being built.

Silverlux,

This looks amazing. Ofcourse I can not measure up your model, but it looks very realistic and the lines are very well done.

Can you tell us a little bit about how you do this? Do you have detailed pictures with dimensions? A very good eye and sense of space/lines? Or do you have a 1:1 scale car in your garage so it's easy to take some measurements?

Bob
    Hi Bob, I wish I could say that I have real beauty in my garage from which to take of measurements. I don't even have model car as reference, so everything pretty much is from images online. However, base lines and measurements such as roof size, width and height dimensions I took of printed images from some blueprints website. Later in build I realized that there is some discrepancies in these drawings, so as usual have to work out middle line between pictures and drawings. The best result would be achieved if I had 1:18 scale model with me, that speeds up all the measuring and referencing in model build.
    I guess I have some sense of space and lines while building model, however I'm not following any car building guidelines in precise model building as for me its physically impossible due to space of workshop I'm working in, so I have to find my own ways in getting things done. In general I chose to build this model as it is mostly made from flat panels and it's fairly iconic and loved by most of people remembering cars from days when this model was born. I think this model is best I can build from plywood material I have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast