Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default CNC Machine Advice Opinions

Hello I am new to these forums, so hi to all I haven't met yet. I am seeking some advice on a CNC router purchase to mainly do timber, plastics and aluminium cutting, routing and carving. My intentions is small business use in my shed. I am after something in the 1200x1200 size that is reliable turn key solution, I do have a budget and don't want to buy something I have to muck around building or repairing.

I have worked at many differing factories in my career and most of them use Australian Multicam units. Even during my studies in product design, the university had these machines. I am aware that there are many Chinese units available but feel they may not work out of the box reliably enough for me.

So my questions is are Multicam machines the best quality supported machines or are there other viable options in the Australian market?

Really appreciate some opinions.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Nothing wrong with multicam, but definitely not the best (if you want that, you have to go German or Italian and wear the extra cost). I reckon 1200*1200 is going to be your biggest issue, don't know about multicam, but most industrial grade machines start at 2400*1200

Could you name a few European machines? I know of Biesse but they seem to be more cabinet making orientated. And yes Multicam do a 1200x1200 single phase unit.

G'day All,
    you could have a look at Vermec in Brisbane. Aussie made good quality turn key solution
    http://www.vermec.com/cnc.html

Cheerio Ned

Thx for that. Vermac looks good, in the multicam price area. Thx again as I never came across that brand, but that is what I'm after, a turn key reliable sub 50k unit, .... Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by rokoko View Post
    Could you name a few European machines? I know of Biesse but they seem to be more cabinet making orientated. And yes Multicam do a 1200x1200 single phase unit.
    Biesse, Weeke/Homag and SCM/Morbidelli are the "big 3"
    They'll all do what you want with the right software, but they're all heavy industrial machines with nothing smaller than 2400*1200 and all 3-phase.

Have a look on machines4u as well, you might find other options there.

http://www.advancedrobotic.com/ may worth a look. I dont know if they build small work area machines, but looking at the specs of the machines a few years ago, they seem to be a pretty decent bit of kit. I have never worked with a ART cnc router, I have only worked with a couple of Biesse's and a few Multicams. My experience would have me steer clear of stepper motors for the motion control.

Most of the CNC machines in the sign industry will do the job you are after, maybe look in that direction.