Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default New post notifications

Haven't been getting any in the past couple of days. Anyone else having the same problem?

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Last one I had was 16/8, I'll bring it to the attention of Admin.

Didn't get notified of that reply either, so thanks

I have checked out your registration and there should be no reason why you aren't getting email notifications unless you have changed your email address.

If you have recently had an auto upgrade or changed your email client, browser, or maybe your service provider then it's possible that the emails may be in your trash or spam folder and you may need to set emails from [email protected] as trusted, as they could be being picked up as spam because they are automatically generated.

Check all those things out and make sure [email protected] is set to trusted and if there is still a problem let me know in here.

Cheers - Neil
    KEEP A LID ON THE GARBAGE... Report spam, scams, and inappropriate posts, PMs and Blogs.
    Use the Report icon at the bottom of all Posts, PM's and Blog entries.

Nothing has changed at my end (that I know of) and that email address is still on my safe list.

EDIT: Also missed out on a PM notification
    EDIT AGAIN: Tried logging out and back in just for fun and that didn't work either.

I realised today that yesterday when i received a PM i did not receive an email notification in which i normally would. I did receive a notification of a different PM on the 22nd of august 2015. server-side email issue me thinks.

I have also stopped receiving notifications, and have changed none of my settings..

I got a PM from another member also apologising for his lack of response as he hadn't got a email notification.

Looks like there might be a bug introduced to the system.
    …..Live a Quiet Life & Work with your Hands

I subscribed to several threads after elanjacobs reported this, every post a notification was emailed to me.

I also get an email notification for every PM sent to me.

Neil has also been testing this and he can't fault it either.

Curious.

Still nothing. Gotta love intermittent problems.
    It's happened to me once before, I think it was when the forum moved to the new server.
    Have the site hosts/servers upgraded to Windows 10? Maybe that stuffed something in the background?

To anyone still having a problem we seem to have finally isolated the fault and it should be fixed tonight or some time tomorrow...... Fingers crossed.

Cheers - Neil

Notifications seem to be back
    Thanks to the admin team for sorting it out.

Our emails were being blocked to hotmail accounts thanks to another site on the same server being hacked and used to send spam.

All was fixed on Tuesday after a long battle to clear us of any wrong doing.

Hopefully this will never ever happen again. But I've learned never ever to say never ever when it comes to the Internet. Enjoy it while you can because some day the whole thing will fall over and the world will come to a complete standstill, the third world countries will become the first world countries whilst the first world will just fade away....

Strewth, that was a bit deep for this hour of the morning.

Better go to bed.

It looks like this issue with New Post Notification Emails is still not resolved completely.

I started this thread (https://www.woodworkforums.com/showth...77#post1897077) back on the 16th September 2015, and realised this morning when I saw the thread in "New Posts" that I hadn't received any notification emails. A check of my email records shows that the last notification email that I received from The Woodwork Forums was on the 14 September 2015.

I've checked my spam filters on my local computers, and on my mail server, and the Woodwork forum's domain is listed as "trusted" in the configurations of both.

Any ideas ?

RoyG
    Manufacturer of the Finest Quality Off-Cuts.

Hi Roy - Did you subscribe to that thread? If you didn't then you probably won't get any notification.

Only people with hotmail accounts or those linked to hotmail were not getting notifications. If you aren't getting the notifications for the thread and are subscribed then the problem is possibly at your end somewhere.

Make sure that [email protected] is on your trusted list of email sites.

If you are still having a problem let me know and I'll see what can be done but as you seem to be the only one currently with this problem it's a pretty sure bet it will be at your end somewhere.

Cheers - Neil.