Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hello all, just here to read.

Howdy good people,

I was just looking for Dovetail guides but found some useful info on here and wanted to see pics, so now I'm a member.

I haven't had much to do with wood since High School but I do use fibreglass, MDF and carbon fibre a bit for car audio installs and more recently a Ardunio controlled camera rig.

This is the only woodwork project I have made since school, made it as a Christmas present for my nephew.

There was an axle housing added to make it tougher and the wheels have a red tinted centre.
    It is no work of art but for only using a jigsaw, a belt sander, a router and a battery drill I think it turned out okay.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Welcome to the forum.

I am sure your nephew would have loved receiving this from you, as much as you making it. Very well done.

Welcome.....ummmm....wheres the photo? and your post?
    The person who never made a mistake never made anything

Cheers
    Ray

Haha, thanks, it's back now.

I tried to edit it as one pic didn't show up and it seems it needed mod approval to be re-post.

crowie is online now Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Ubernoob".
    There are a stack of members in Newcastle and surrounds plus the rest of the country.....
    You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
    Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
    Enjoy the forum.
    Enjoy your woodwork......
    Cheers crowie

PS - Keep an eye out for a get together in Newcastle area forum members....great way to met & make friends..

ALSO PLEASE, post a new thread in the toymaking section of that TOP TIP TRUCK.....

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks guys, the truck doesn't need it's own thread, I'm too lazy to post build pics.

I have a couple of jewellery boxes to do so I'll put them in here when I finish them, then I'm doing a small table.
    I recently acquired a Triton Workcentre with biscuit cutter for $50 which I am keen to get using, I am too poor to buy any new tools at the moment. I'd love a router with a speed control but funds don't permit so I will have to find a big light dimmer and do it the cheap way.

Tools I have so far, the Triton table, Triton super Jaws, Makita belt sander, Ryobi Industrial 1/2" Router, Rubbish 1/4" Ryobi Router, Bosch pendulum Jigsaw, Cheap Makita Circular saw, Cheap drill press, cheap Spiral saw.

I need- A Dovetail saw, Tenon Saw, some sash clamps, a million more router bits and I'd love a drop saw but that won't be happening any time soon as being an unemployed bum is keeping me poor.

Probably not the place for it but are the Carb-I-Tool router bits good enough for hardwood? I remember trying to shape some American Rock maple with some Chinese bits and they started glowing and the heads fell off hahaha! I have a few Carb-I-Tool bits now as I like to buy Aussie made gear if I can but have only used them on MDF.

Welcome to the forum

Welcome aboard. Many a toy maker would be mostnpleased the truck you made.

Looking forward to seeing your other projects

Dave TTC
    Turning Wood Into Art

Quote Originally Posted by Ubernoob View Post
    ....Probably not the place for it but are the Carb-I-Tool router bits good enough for hardwood? ....
    The question would better suited in the router sub-forum but as you have asked it here.

Yes they are good.

Thanks Christos, they worked really well on some old hardwood house framing.

I had a beervention a while ago and felt the need to compete a folding wheelbarrow. It is far from ideal in terms of ease of use as there is no mechanical advantage at all, but it seems strong enough and folds flat in 2-3 minutes.
    I do a bit of bike trail repair/building and wanted a barrow I could leave out in the bush for months on end, the hub has sealed bearings and the whole barrow has close to 1.5L of clear sealer over and under the camo paint.

....I do a bit of bike trail repair/building and wanted a barrow I could leave out in the bush for months on end,........the camo paint....

I think it would be interesting time if you forget where you left it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christos View Post
    I think it would be interesting time if you forget where you left it.
    Haha, I am very forgetful and have lost some very nice tools, it's annoying as I never know if they have been stolen or I have just misplaced them.
    I am going to drill all my tools so I can lock them to a tree.

Went to buy some timber the other day and the nice staffer said if it was for kids' toys I could rummage through the offcuts bin at no charge.
    I'm guessing the whit wood is Fir, no idea what the counterweight at the back is, base is cedar and the wheels and bucket are made from some Aussie native I bought a while ago, no idea what it is hahaha!

Called it quits when the router tried to bite me today.

crowie is online now Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

Went to buy some timber the other day and the nice staffer said if it was for kids' toys I could rummage through the offcuts bin at no charge.
    I'm guessing the whit wood is Fir, no idea what the counterweight at the back is, base is cedar and the wheels and bucket are made from some Aussie native I bought a while ago, no idea what it is hahaha!

Called it quits when the router tried to bite me today.

You've made some first class wooden toys sir that really deserve to be shown off in the toymaking section of the forum,
    great encouragement and inspiration for others to also have a go a making a beaut wooden toy which will last for years of fun and play....
    Cheers, crowie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast