Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Question Difficulty Sizing & Positioning Photographs in Posts ....

Greetings,

On a few posts recently, I have encountered problems when sizing and positioning photographs. When writing the posts, the photographs appear sized and positioned as desired, and the preview of the post also shows correct sizing and placement.

However, after the post is Submitted, when you view the submitted post photographs are appearing as "Attachment #####" or they are appearing as a thumbnail with sizing and formatting not applied. This post is one that has been particularly problematic this morning.

As the appearance of the post seems to change when viewed on different types of web browsers, at the bottom of this post is a thumbnail screen shot of the offending post viewed on Firefox. the "Attachment 360998" was formatted in the post to be positioned on the right, with text bounding to the left of the image, and to be medium sized. Using a Chrome browser, "Attachment 360998" is displayed as a thumbnail. Any suggestions regarding what is causing these issues. I've spent a while reading the stickies in this sub-forum and can't find anything relevant.

Any help greatfully received.

Regads,

RoyG

Screenshot.png
    Manufacturer of the Finest Quality Off-Cuts.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Roy I don't think you can post a pic to the right side of text as there is no set/definitive right side due to screen size variations. IE: on one monitor you may get 40 words to a line whilst on another only 20 to a line and even less on a mobile device. So pics are aligned to left of screen if placed in a text block so the text can always re-size and wrap around the picture.

I had a look at the post in Chrome and Firefox and both appear to be the same. One picture and 3 url's and one orphan attachment 360998 That one I have no idea what it is but may have been uploaded wrong or may have bailed out because of formatting.

My understanding is that You can align to the left or have pics in line but not to the right. You may get away with putting pics in different parts of the screen by putting them into a multi column table but probably not worth all the extra messing around.

The text box may look like that of a publisher or word but it just looks like that, it really isn't the same. So you can't do layouts the same as you would on a desktop publisher because the final layout is not fixed as it would be on a piece of paper because the screen is fluid and not a set size.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers - Neil