Thanks Thanks:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Lie Nielsen Customer Service - As good as it gets

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but if it’s not I’m sure someone will set things straight. We all hear plenty of bad news about retailers and manufacturers when things don’t go our way so I thought I’d post a good news story. Firstly the context: A month or so ago I purchased a wonderful Lie Nielsen shooting plane second hand. It was in as new condition and had seen close to no use. The plane was around 2 years old. I had a friend who lived interstate collect the plane for me who then very carefully wrap it for transport and place it inside a suitcase as checked baggage on his next flight to Brisbane. He was not a wood worker and did not remove the handle but did remove the frog and blade etc. To my horror on being unpacked I found the cherry handle in 3 pieces.

Now the good news. I dropped Lie Nielsen in the USA an email asking them to price a replacement handle for the shooting plane. I was open and honest with them explaining the situation that the plane was secondhand and in as new condition with the handle being broken in transport. Their response was more than a little surprising – They advised that they would happily supply a replacement handle free of charge and subsequently posted one out to me the next day. 10 days later it arrived in the mail here in Brisbane. This is without doubt the best customer service I have ever experienced and as such I thought the story should be shared. There are lots of reasons I like LieNielsen products and it now seems I can add customer service to the list.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

That's great !! Not only do they make great tools, but they also back them up beyond what could reasonably be expected.
    ​Brad.

Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.
    Innovations are those useful things that, by dint of chance, manage to survive the stupidity and destructive tendencies inherent in human nature.

Incredible!

I have had the same experience with Lie-Nielsen the Cherry knob on my No.6 split, sent them an email they replaced it at no cost & no questions asked.

The yoke on my Lie-Nielsen No.6 was wearing out and not engaging fully as it should. I sent them an email, they replaced it at no cost & no questions asked.

Ordered a small concave spokeshave from Lie-Nielsen. I unpacked it and I was not happy with the fit and finish as it had a small aesthetic machining defect to the corner of the mouth. I sent them an email, they replaced it at no cost. No questions asked and they thanked me for contacting them and they offered their apologies.

This is why I support quality tool makers, they stand behind their product and I stand behind them.

This justifies my faith in Lie Nielsen ,I have a goodly amount of their hand tools .Its refreshing to hear good news stories such as this about a company's back up belief & service of their product.

Cheers
    Johnno

Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.