Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default If you could live anywhere...

Over the years had issues with neighbours, there are townhouses going up near us all the time and I reckon it's time for a change for me. If you could live anywhere and indulge in your woodworking at any time of the day and night if you wish where would you go? Have to be a quiet spot and preferably not too far from the city ie less than 30 kms from the city. I'm in Melbourne so if any of you have found your slice of paradise, let me now.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    so if any of you have found your slice of paradise, let me now.
    They might not want to share it though.

Considering a similar move myself.
    Tom

"It's good enough" is low aim

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    if any of you have found your slice of paradise, let me now.
    I already live in that slice of paradise as I have no problems with any neighbours and enough room to have sheds.

Peter.

Mornington Peninsula. However, the council is a law unto themselves and most of the time act illegally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee View Post
    I already live in that slice of paradise as I have no problems with any neighbours and enough room to have sheds.

Peter.
    Have to agree with you about your slice of paradise, actually had a look at Donvale a couple of times but both times the places were a little too close to the high powered transmission towers.

I know in Sydney, 30kms would just get you into another suburb rather than the outskirts. I assume it's the same with Melbourne?
    For me, 30kms is still too close. I'm 60km from Hobart which, to be honest, isn't exactly a major city.

Quote Originally Posted by cava View Post
    Mornington Peninsula. However, the council is a law unto themselves and most of the time act illegally.
    Didn't know they acted any other way.

I picked up some timber from a lady a while back in hurstbridge. I thought i was going the wrong way just following the satnav when it took me down a bunch of gravel roads. Turned out to be the correct way. She had a house and some land tucked away half way up a hill with a creek at the bottom. There were many sheds on the property. I thought that this would be nice to live here, secluded, private, about 35k out of Melbourne. No idea what the area would be worth, but big chunks of land within spitting distance of the citys aren't cheap these days.

Its not hard to find a slice of paradise. The big question is how long will it last.
    We have a lovely spot on the eastern side of the great dividing range, eighty acres, permanent creek on the back boundary, a cave with hand prints and wild life in abundance.
    We also have several new neighbours. One is a drug dealer who likes to sight his guns in over our property. Another has placed a gate in our boundary fence and dumped old cars on our place. And last but not least, our most recent arrival has cleared every tree off his twenty acres and is in the process of building a home which is an exact replica of a surf club - very rural.
    Tell em they're dreamin!

Quote Originally Posted by rustynail View Post
    Its not hard to find a slice of paradise. The big question is how long will it last.
    We have a lovely spot on the eastern side of the great dividing range, eighty acres, permanent creek on the back boundary, a cave with hand prints and wild life in abundance.
    We also have several new neighbours. One is a drug dealer who likes to sight his guns in over our property. Another has placed a gate in our boundary fence and dumped old cars on our place. And last but not least, our most recent arrival has cleared every tree off his twenty acres and is in the process of building a home which is an exact replica of a surf club - very rural.
    Tell em they're dreamin!
    What a shame! How far are you from the GPO?

90km. When we first came here our nearest neighbour was an old timber man. He raced axes until he was eighty. He lived to 91 and the stories of the old days were still fresh in his mind. We spent many hours chatting and both enjoyed each others company. Cant imagine I'll be spending too much time with the bogans we have now. Not to worry, next bushfire will have them scuttling back to suburbia.

I`ve chosen to move to the west coast of Tassie. Its cheap,far from the madding crowd & somewhat isolated but will suit me. A currently listed 4/5 bedder federation timber residence is about 50 grand.Sure it needs some work. No more than 20 grand thrown in. A very nice miners cottage with double garage & work shop for 65K. There`s usual shops/servo/watering hole all within a stones throw.