Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by rwbuild View Post
    Actually, the saw horse you have made was the very first practical workshop item that all 1st year apprentices had to make when they started tech.
    I am not a chippie but one of the first things I made when starting out on woodworking was a sawhorse and it is still going strong. It was a bit low due to the timber I had on hand at the time but I have since added another piece on the top to bring it up to the same height as my Work-mate
    Tom

"It's good enough" is low aim

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Default Well...I tried !!!

Actually, the saw horse you have made was the very first practical workshop item that all 1st year apprentices had to make when they started tech.

Seeing the results of my exertions, 1st year apprentices would have to be gifted!!!

Compound Cut 10o bevelled, 10o mitered, 4 rebates 10o mitered - no bevel - Internal angle of notch = 100o....Me head is spinning !!! My 3-dimensional sense is non-existent !!

All with hand tools, I enjoyed the exercise immensely but the result is very ordinaire !!! Mind you, I'll try again !!!

yvan

Quote Originally Posted by yvan View Post
    Seeing the results of my exertions, 1st year apprentices would have to be gifted!!!

Compound Cut 10o bevelled, 10o mitered, 4 rebates 10o mitered - no bevel - Internal angle of notch = 100o....Me head is spinning !!! My 3-dimensional sense is non-existent !!

All with hand tools, I enjoyed the exercise immensely but the result is very ordinaire !!! Mind you, I'll try again !!!

yvan
    ...and that's what 1st apprentices did, tried again and again until they got it right both at tech and on site for the boss, that's how we all learn and I'm still learning
    The person who never made a mistake never made anything

Cheers
    Ray

FenceFurniture is offline The prize lies beneath - hidden in full view

Quote Originally Posted by yvan View Post

yvan
    Well full credit for using only hand tools yvan! Now that you have one to follow, it should be much easier the next time. Notching the top of the legs is the trickiest bit I reckon.
    Regards, FenceFurniture

COLT DRILLS GROUP BUY
    Jan-Feb 2019 Click to send me an email

...and that's what 1st apprentices did, tried again and again until they got it right both at tech and on site for the boss, that's how we all learn and I'm still learning
    Yep, I made a pair using hand tools at trade school in the 70s. They remained in service for years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12