Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Replacement 1000SE

I recently purchased a 1000SE Mitre Guage from Woodcraft in the states.
    It was faulty in that the fence extension did not align with the fence and pushed the whole thing out of square.
    I emailed Woodcraft and they asked me to send it back to them for replacement.
    I then emailed them again saying that I was not happy to pay the postage for a return item.
    They have now sent me a new guage (not recieved yet but hopefully this one is okay), and said I can keep the other one.
    The faulty one should be okay with the extension fence removed.
    It looks like I will now have two 1000SE's (almost) for the price of one, I will keep the one without the extension fence for band sawing or other tasks.

Just a little gloat

Oh yeah, and appreciation of good customer service, I will have no hesitation dealing with Woodcraft in the future.

Thanks to Gwhat (the Woodpecker) for your offer to help me if I had no luck from Woodcraft

Jack.
    "There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Default Extension Fences Available

Quote Originally Posted by Jack E
    I recently purchased a 1000SE Mitre Guage from Woodcraft in the states.
    It was faulty in that the fence extension did not align with the fence and pushed the whole thing out of square.
    I emailed Woodcraft and they asked me to send it back to them for replacement.
    I then emailed them again saying that I was not happy to pay the postage for a return item.
    They have now sent me a new guage (not recieved yet but hopefully this one is okay), and said I can keep the other one.
    The faulty one should be okay with the extension fence removed.
    It looks like I will now have two 1000SE's (almost) for the price of one, I will keep the one without the extension fence for band sawing or other tasks.

Just a little gloat

Oh yeah, and appreciation of good customer service, I will have no hesitation dealing with Woodcraft in the future.

Thanks to Gwhat (the Woodpecker) for your offer to help me if I had no luck from Woodcraft

Jack.
    Jack,
    We have a few Incra Telescoping Flip Fences on order (27" to 49" range) this will effectively give you the same fence as is std on the 3000se, @ $115, you've really got a great mitre gauge.

Regards

The Woodpecker
    www.woodpeckers.com.au

Thanks for the tip,

Is it possiblae to buy metric replacements for the measuring tape on the fence?

Cheers, Jack

Default Tapes & Racks needed

Quote Originally Posted by Jack E
    Thanks for the tip,

Is it possiblae to buy metric replacements for the measuring tape on the fence?

Cheers, Jack
    Jack,

We have a few Metric scales available, 0 - 430mm reading Right to Left. However, to use Metric with fences etc featuring the Incra sawtooth rack system, you also have to replace the racks. Otherwise, you will never be able to lock the stop at a specific metric dimension as the existing racks will lock it to the closest Imperial dimension.

The Metric racks are also available, it is a matter of just counting up how many you need and adding 1 for the stop.

E-mail us at [email protected] and we will give you antmore info you need.

Regards

The Woodpecker
    www.woodpeckers.com.au

Thanks Gwhat,

That was me who ordered 9 racks and 3 scales to modify my 1 and a bit 1000 SE's the other day

Gotta be quick fellas

Jack

Gwhat,

Tell me more about the metric racks. Presumably they are in 1mm increments? Not .5mm increments? If I were to buy a TSIII fence how many would I need to convert this to metric and what would the approximate cost be?

Quote Originally Posted by markharrison
    Gwhat,

Tell me more about the metric racks. Presumably they are in 1mm increments? Not .5mm increments? If I were to buy a TSIII fence how many would I need to convert this to metric and what would the approximate cost be?
    Mark

The racks are 1/2 mm increments, to upgrade a TS-III would be somewhere between $30 & $50 as I'm not sure how many racks are in it. With the metric scales you will have to suffer multiples of 0 - 430mm scales in the medium term, within 6 mths both 0 - 430 & 430 - 860 will be available.

When you ready email us at [email protected] and we will work out a metric deal (base unit + metric upgrade).

Regards

The Woodpecker
    www.woodpeckers.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhat
    With the metric scales you will have to suffer multiples of 0 - 430mm scales in the medium term, within 6 mths both 0 - 430 & 430 - 860 will be available.
    Gwhat - I am having a little bit of trouble understanding what you are saying about suffer multiples. Could you please clarify what you mean as I would also be interested in getting some metric scales sometime in the future.

Cheers
    The Numbat is a small striped marsupial whose whole diet consists of termites.

Quote Originally Posted by numbat
    Gwhat - I am having a little bit of trouble understanding what you are saying about suffer multiples. Could you please clarify what you mean as I would also be interested in getting some metric scales sometime in the future.

Cheers
    Sorry Numbat my descriptive skills were lacking a little, so I will take it from the top;
    • Incra have run out of Metric scales, until their next major print run in approx 6 months (they print in batches of Millions of scales at a time)

We bought the last of the Metric scales they had in stock (a whole 20 or so!!!) and they are 0 - 430mm reading Right to Left.

Incra have agreed to print both 0 - 430mm scales and 430 - 860mm scales in the next print run, therefore users of positioners, particularly table saw fences with greater than 16" range will need to make do with 2 x 0 - 430mm scales until then.

We have plenty of Green (metric) racks that work with all but the LS range of positioners, as well as having a few Quik Draw blank templates, for those wishing to set-up metric dovetailing / box joint templates.

I hope that that all made sense.

Regards

The Woodpecker
    www.woodpeckers.com.au

Yes that made sense - thanks very much for the clarification.

Cheers
    The Numbat is a small striped marsupial whose whole diet consists of termites.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhat
    Mark

The racks are 1/2 mm increments, to upgrade a TS-III would be somewhere between $30 & $50 as I'm not sure how many racks are in it. With the metric scales you will have to suffer multiples of 0 - 430mm scales in the medium term, within 6 mths both 0 - 430 & 430 - 860 will be available.
    Ah, very interesting! This isn't going to happen in a hurry. I want to buy a new saw first but that is going to wait on moving which in Sydney is a major event!