Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Carbatec TSC-10HB

Hi Folks,

Went to Carbatec Sydney today to comtemplate the purchase of a TSC-10HB (based on the comments of this forum) and they have one on display, a newer version.

The new version simply has a Cast Iron Router Wing, that allows you to connect most routers, can be put on either the Left or Right sides, and a cool thing about it is the Cabatec Sliding Router Table (pictured below), fench attachment simly screws into the router wing, just purchase the fench seperately (don't know how much it costs, but the guy said about 1-200) and this comes complete with Dust extraction and hold downs as shown.

This has sealed the purchase of a TSC-10HB for me. So just waiting for the tax man to post my cheque and make some space in the Garage.

Cheers
    Wayne

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Wayne the TSC-10HB that we have been talking about is a table saw not a sliding router table as you have pictured and described.

Peter.

Hi Sturdee,

Correct, what I was trying to show, via the inset on the Slidin Router table is the Router Fench which simply screws onto the new router wing now included in the TSC-10HB 10" Table Saw

Sorry for the confusion.

Regards
    Wayne

Wayne,

The router insert wing for the tablesaw is exactly the same as the top on that MS-R router table that Carbatec sells. All the bits fit. Depending on how you position the rails for the table saw fence, it can be used as a fence for the router wing as well, by fitting a split fence to the router side of the table saw fence with T-nuts in the slot.

Those that have the old TSC-10HB with the solid wings, can fit a replacement router wing onto the right wing of the tablesaw in the fill in space between the fence rails. Then the saw fence can be used with a secondary fence attached to the right of it as above. The motor door can still be opened but you need to put a support leg from the router wing to the floor to take the extra weight and stabilise the unit. If the r/wing is fitted to the left, the t/saw fence can still be used with the secondary fence on the right, ie the fence is then used on the far left side of the saw for routing although it would mean that you loose some fence width on the right side of the blade because the rails are moved over to the left. And offcourse the tape measure will be out, so it needs replacing.

Default Don't Buy The MS-R Fence !!!!

Wayne,

I, like a few others on this board, have the unfortunate experience of owning an MS-R router table like the one in your picture. I can assure you that the fence is crud, and that you'd be much better building your own.

The aluminium is flimsy, and as you can see from the picture the fence is a split design that has each sub fence riding on a rod, which extends and retracts via the knobs at the rear of the fence. The small knobs above the slots are then supposed to secure the fence adjustment and lock the sub fences.

In practice, there is far too much unsupported fence, closer into the router bit. What happens is that the workpiece chatters when you're running it through the bit - not good for a smooth profile.

I ended up making a one piece fence out of MDF and screwing it to both of the split fences on the MS-R.

Justin.

Thanks Justin,

You got me think of making my own Router fence and come across this (link below). It would be very easy to adapt so it can simply screw into the Router Wing screw holes, and it has dust extraction. I just then need to make/get some hold downs.

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/fe...ea.asp?id=1108

Cheers
    Wayne