Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Makita "style"?

Question Makita "style"?

Hi ,
    This is my first post as I've only just discovered this forum,(looks great too..)
    We will be relocating a house to the beach in the next few months...and as there will be a lot of modification works and decking etc...it's a great excuse to finally buy a gooood sliding compound mitre saw and nail gun etc.
    I'm thinking the Paslode framing gun..(gas type)..and was wondering about the so called "lookalike" makita saws I see on eBay etc....Any one have an opinion on these?..
    TIA...Dave...
    Just a whisker more......................DAMN!!!!

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Post Makita Style

Welcome to the forum. I to am looking at a SCMS, and while in my quest at Glenfords they had the rexon model which they say is a cheap version of the Makita. All in all their wrap up was one that has left me wondering how good they really are. I am looking at the new GMC model which was reviewed on this forum a few days back. I am sure that you will find the answers to all your questions here.

Quote Originally Posted by fanarkle
    I'm thinking the Paslode framing gun..(gas type)..and was wondering about the so called "lookalike" makita saws I see on eBay etc....Any one have an opinion on these?..
    TIA...Dave...
    I wouldn't risk my money on the clone saws. Better you buy the real thing or at least get a GMC - which is not that bad a deal really, and includes a replacement warranty.

Fan

Walcome to the forum. Live in the US and 2 block away from Harbor FreightTools. It is a curse I know. They sale a Makita clone like your talking about. But I have seen 2 come back on a monday after a weekend sale. that same week when picking up more sandpaper I saw another one come back. If your going to get one, make it one that will last. I have a Delta SideKick 10 slider and I love it. Paid $362, 9 years ago. It is lighter then a standard saw with folding legs and wings. I use to carry it from room to room to trim

Buy you a good saw and it will do you good
    JunkBoy999
    Terry

I started doing my reno's about 12 months ago, and I too bought the Paslode, and for Christmas got a 12 inch Makita. I was agonising over the purchase for a while before I decided to take the plunge on the Makita.

If I hadn't bought the Makita, I would have bought a GMC from Bunnings.
    1. They have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee, buy it, flog it for a few weeks, if it's no good take it back and get your money back.
    2. They have a 2 year warranty, if it breaks, take it back and swap it for a new one.

Grinner.