Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Question Homemade Paint Stripper

We are renovating a Queenslander and stripping and refinishing alot of antique furniture to go in it. I would like to know if anyone has a good homemade recipe for strong Liquid Paint Stripper not the gel type. I know dipping pieces is very reasonable cost wise but all types of wood can't be dipped, and some house fixtures cannot be removed. The gel paint remover becomes very expensive and is not nearly as effective as some of the good liquid ones. Any recipes or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Glen and Heather

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

: What is the best way to remove layers of white paint from cherry wood?

Becky, Kentucky
    A: The safest way is to use a thick, wet, washing soda paste. Leave the paste on the wood for a number of hours, keeping it damp. The paint should peel off. Repeat as necessary. Washing soda is found in the laundry section of most supermarkets.

Frugal & Easy Paint Stripper Had a pair of chairs painted heavily with black paint. Decided to strip them back to basic wood. Used spray cans of easy off heavy-duty 5-minute oven cleaner. Spray on and leave for 30 minutes then scrub off with steel scourers. Worked beautifully at a very cheap cost compared to paint stripper.

these 23 from google, may help
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

I've used oven cleaner - removes paint but tends to darken the wood (more than caustic soda does).

Default glenmackinnon

Glen am enquiring about "Cansema". Could you please tell me if you know of a doctor or naturopath who knows about skin cancers and applies cansema. Someone who knows what they are talking about and is a believer of cansema. Prefferably in the brisbane or close by area. But if not then anywhere close by will do. Looking forward to hearing from you.
    [email protected].
    Thankyou. Have a good day.

Default paint stripper

Quote Originally Posted by glenmackinnon View Post
    We are renovating a Queenslander and stripping and refinishing alot of antique furniture to go in it. I would like to know if anyone has a good homemade recipe for strong Liquid Paint Stripper not the gel type. I know dipping pieces is very reasonable cost wise but all types of wood can't be dipped, and some house fixtures cannot be removed. The gel paint remover becomes very expensive and is not nearly as effective as some of the good liquid ones. Any recipes or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Glen and Heather
    i want to know how you went?i am also in the queenslander renovating circle of nightmares.was this effective and time saving or scrubbing too hard?i have tried hot torch scraping ,it works well but elbow grease needed and tired arms when i have a zillion casement windows.burn marks would be o good for furniture restoring!dipped them my self in this toxic remover which needed a permit on windscreen to get it home.left in the wood i think and even after hosed dried in shade for weeks and the paint feel off within few months!dangerous!now lloking into soda blasting myself but turned the neighbours white with home compressor if one could fid more info on this "homejob"i think it would be the go!