Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caesarstone

Quote Originally Posted by Cobber View Post
    Does anyone know whats cheaper...ceaserstone or quantan quartz. My cabinet maker said the cost depends on what colour and sort of stone you chose....Im looking for a light colour. Looking to cut costs here as after doing the numbers last night I realised this extension/renovation thing is going to cost me alot of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Another thing -should I source the stone myself or let the cabinet maker source it. Im afraid he will get a cut for sourcing it and it will cost me extra.

The other aspect is the cabinet maker is the builders recommended one so the builder might also be getting a cut if I use this cabinet maker. Trouble is he seems to be the best one Ive found so far. Can anyone recommend a good one in Melbourne.

cheers

Cobber
    CaesarStone...for sure!!
    if you have a good joiner/cabbie...he will not put a mark up on the stone..
    mmm you can always source the stone and stonemason yourself. who is the builder? i know most builders and cabinet makers in melbourne

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Becstar, do you have a professional affiliation with the Caesarstone product? If so, it would be nice if you mentioned it. There are a number of products on the market the equivalent of Caeserstone, some cheaper, some more expensive (often depends upon the colour).

Most of these are good products. Regardless of the sales pitch, the reality is a number of users have found problems with these products. These are, however, few & far between. Overall they work well, are difficult to stain and highly durable. I personally find the natural variation in stone more attractive, but the consistency of manufactured stone products is a real plus. I'm not going to mention brands, but do some homework and don't just listen to the salesperson.

As for stone sealants, they are NOT the same as using wax (some people can't help making emotional comments which aren't backed up by further information).
    These sealants will settle into the porous areas in the stone without changing the look, will protect better and for longer than waxes or oils. However, using a light wax every so often does no harm, so long as you clean it up well before resealing every 3-5 years (an easy job).

Cheers,

Mark
    silkwood

I have a Caesarstone top and it's great. Have left red wine and tomato sauce overnight after a party and it just simply wipes off as good as new again.

The comment about Caesarstone suiting an ultra modern look is piffle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12