Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Looking for new 'seconds' s/s kitchen sink

HI there, I've got a kitchen that needs a reno, but that is going to have to be down the track when $$ allows...in the meantime, after a new paintjob, I'd like to replace the existing double bowl s/s sink with a nice sparkly new one and an elegant mixer tap. Of course the dimensions of the existing sink and cavity are uncommon (1550 x 480) and the only 1550mm sink i have been able to find is one by Oliveri (nice) but with a price tag of about $700.
    So, I really need something about half that price and wondered about 'seconds' outlets for kitchen hardware. Does anyone know of somewhere I could start looking for something like this? I;ve tried ebay, but they never have any sinks that long. Oh, I'm in Sydney. Thanks everyone!

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Where abouts in Sydney are you mate?
    Ace gutters in Peakhurst often have specials on, I grabbed a double bowl sink and a mixer all new (the mixer was a little ordinary) as a package a little while ago for around the $350 mark, Reece not long ago had a clearance sale in the carpark of the rockdale store just to get rid of old floor stock which came from a variety of branches.
    Harvey Norman will usually sell floor stock.
    Try these sort of places you will be surprised.
    Also try tradelink, plumbers co-op, hardware and general are good too.
    Plumbers were around long before Jesus was a carpenter

G'day, we're currently in Clovelly but moving to Leura in a couple of weeks (where the reno job is). Thanks for your suggestions. I'm thinking of just getting a cheap smaller sink and putting a dishwasher in the cavity left by removing the old sink (lateral thinking!)

I'll check out Tradelink and Plumbers coop for sure.

Thanks!

Another cheap fix is to make the old stainless steel sink nice and shiny again.

Take the taps off, give it a good even up all over with green scotchbrite (if it's just looking a bit dull) or work through a few grades of wet and dry if it has really obvious scratches and then polish it.

First time I ever polished a sink I just used a 1/3 sheet sander with one of those wool decking oil pads clamped on, and I used some auto paint cutting compound I had handy for polishing. Came up pretty much like new. (it was a messy process, so wear old clothes and be prepared to clean the kitchen after...)

If you really wanted to be serious, you could buy the $16 polishing buff (mounts on your drill) and proper buffing compound kit from Bunnies.