Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Question mortise & tenon with triton?

Any ideas to making a mortise & tenon joint with Triton?

The Tenon would or should not be too difficult however I think the mortise will be some what more difficult.

Are there any jigs to help.

I'm thinking of making large and small windows.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Depends on what tools you actually have:

If you have a Triton (or other) router, then that can make the mortising simpler.

If you have a Triton SuperJaws, that'll hold the wood while you chisel out the mortises.

I haven't made windows, but I have made pegboard panels with the Triton Workstation only. I made the tenons on the rails the same thickness as the pegboard, and grooved the full length of the stiles to fit the tenons and pegboard. 'Twas pretty quick and simple, and I think you could take the same approach - at least on the small windows.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Just made a double bed with mortice and tennons using the Triton. Routered the mortice - hand held in plunger mode. Set up a couple of pieces as fences etc, could see through the plastic dust sheild when I got to the stop marks easily enough.
    For the tennons I used the saw in table mode with the extension table and just slid the piece cut by cut. Need to round off the tennon (sanding, much easier than squaring the mortice. Quite sucessful for my first big project.
    Regards
    Laurence