Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Bunnings - Good information on tools.

I was in Bunnings Wharehouse yesterday, I wore a balaklava and sunnies so I would not be recognised, looking for some throw away brushes for a glue job.

Saw a big display of power tools that were not in the normal position and presumed they were cheapos. I went to have a look.
    There was a variety of stuff from Ryobi, GMC and another brand I can't now remember, all for great prices, if the tools were any good.

An assistant came up to me to see what I wanted and we started talking about the stuff on display and tools in general.

This site bags "Bunnies" from time to time, and I have joined in.

The bloke was knowledgable, honest as to the quality of the stuff for sale and not in the least bit pushy about selling me something. He was great and I learned plenty.

This guy actually quoted me the gear ratios of various circular saws and the RPMs achieved.

As one who has had some indifferent dealings with Bunnings, and who has said so on occassions, it is only fair that I now report on a good experience. I will look for this assistant every time I am in there.

I didn't buy a tool, or any brushes, and walked out without spending a cent. Regardless, it was a good experience.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

You better get back to see him quick. He won't last very long !

They didn't have the cheap, throw away brushes I wanted. Why would I go back?
    Incidently, he said to me that Bunnings are probably going out of selling Jarrah because they can't get logs to mill. As far as I know they don't import much timber, a little bit of meranti some times, so they will end up with plantation pine and, maybe, blue gum.
    I will be doing the rounds of the salvage places regularly if that is the truth.

By the way, I buy those sponge brushes which Bunnings keep in their craft section, and after they are finished as a brush (usually once only), I remove the sponge and use the plastic insert as a glue spreader. They work beautifully.
    Alternatively, Timbecon have a glue set, which incorporates a bottle, roller, and eight diferent shaped/sized tips for specialty jobs, such as dovetails, dowels, biscuits etc all on a stand for $24.90 or you can buy just the bottle and roller for $8.90

It's usually great when Bunnies have a clear out. When they took over Hardware House, they had quite a few clearance tables and I pickup up quite a few nice little items. The most memorable was my Ryobi (old model) Scroll Saw for only $70!!! This is the old Blue line which were well made and very, very solid. Made of cast iron not alum. Anyway, if you see those clear out tables, have a good look around and you might come up with a bargain hidden under the chinese crap chisels/hammers/etc. (My scroll saw was under the table without a price)
    Wayne

* New Website - Updates Coming Soon *
    http://wayneswoodwork.davyfamily.com/

I can vouch for the bargains. I found a Stanley No 6 jointing plane for $75 at one of Bunnies clearout days. It's worthwhile to have a bit of a browse now and again.

Driver