Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

We got 22 degrees this am and fog. Glad I'm not working tonight! Is it day time where you are?

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Iam baaaa aack. sorry Artworks I had been looking at the first page of this thread. theres a pic there of a great little plane but I think its missing something..

Last time I was into model planes was as a teenager, mate of mine took a wager he could get his fishing line out further than me. He had all the latest stuff. Well I got another mate to bring his model down, we draped the line over its wing and out to sea it did go when Id convincingly won, he flicked the wings, the line fell off into the water and the best man won.

I am impressed with your work.
    Last edited by Tonyz; 21st November 2007 at 09:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    I would love to grow my own food, but I can not find bacon seeds

Tonto, I have always wanted to do that with surf casting, how about 6 ozs plus tackle around 200 yds. out. any takers?
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Default Never to late to try a model airplanes.

Hello Tony,
    Thank you for your interest. Here on the West coast of the USA more near Canada we're blessed with all kinds of fishing. Though it's too cold to do that for me right now. I think carving models is a Hoot though it is a definite pastime.Finding the line drawings is easy choosing a subject becomes difficult. Many of the models I'll be posting are inspired by companies that sell them for $140.00. Any of the models you see cost less than $4.00 to make. I've never used Mahogany as we live where there are plenty of pines to use. Seems like many on this Forum are from exotic places. But maybe Trail BC, Camloops BC,or Bozeman Montana would be just as exotic to you. Time was having a Pen pal was a dream,today it's
    as easy as joining a Forum. Truely Amazing Thanks for your kind words Tonto. Artworks2

Happy Holidays..................

Default carved airplane model

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and would like to learn some of your techniques. I'm an aircraft mechanic and work on water bombers during the summer months so naturally this was one of my first attempts. Please tell me what you think!

Looks fantastic. What wood is used, type of plane scale etc. Do you get the big helicopters as well. During your winter we get some from the states with funny names. They are quite newsworthy and their arrival is always featured on the news.
    I never make mistakes, I thought I did once but I was mistaken

Top 10 reasons I procrastinate

Thank you,it's one of my first attempts. I used basswood but am looking for any tips you might have on painting. We don't get the big helicopters usually here. The scale I used was out of a maintenance manual blown up 330%.

Quote Originally Posted by Pusser View Post
    During your winter we get some from the states with funny names.
    There is often confusion over these. There are Skycranes and Aircranes.

There was (is?) a Sikorsky Sky Crane, CH-54B, called "Rocky" based at Rosehill Heliport.

There was an Erickson Air Crane S-64F based at Essendon in 2005 called "Elvis". It was built by Erickson under license from Sikorsky.

Quote Originally Posted by cl215 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and would like to learn some of your techniques. I'm an aircraft mechanic and work on water bombers during the summer months so naturally this was one of my first attempts. Please tell me what you think!
    Love the Scooper!

Heres a couple of pics of another one I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Artworks2 View Post
    Hi All,
    Just wanted to know if anyone is still intersted in model aircraft carving? Or for that matter is this thread still going? Artworks2/Alph of Spokane WA USA.
    Hi, My name is Witter. I have been carving model airplanes lately to make vacuform fuselages. Been doing woodwork for 28 yrs. I am developing wings to go with vacuform fuselages of many different models. they fly quite well. been building models for a long time on and off. some r/c slope. It is quite easy to build a solid model if that is what you mean. I like the WWII models. In what type of woodworking and/or artwork are you involved? Witter

Default Hello Gentalmen!!!

Wow cl215,
    Your rendition of the actual aircraft shows you have close access to the firebomber. The Otter is nice as well. Out here in Washington we have KenmoreAir in of course Kenmore Washington. Very intresting how they store and move seaplanes around their ramp. "Fork Lift" A trip to Portland Ore gets me visits to Columbia Helicopter, 45 minutes south is Erickson and still further south I can see the Spruce goose. I pretty much stick with civilian aircraft as I spent many years building plastic military "YUK" I use pine stripped from pallets. Here is a peek of my shop with some test models on my desk... I do sell many of the models to clear for space but always make two. Every model is hand painted via templates requiring hours of Exacto blade work and "back masking" techniques.Finally I hope to see this thread last awhile and it seems finding plactic models is actually very hard these days. Artworks2/Alph of Spokane WA USA

Default Hi All

Witter,
    Nice to see guys intrested in carving model aircraft. I've been building these models for 12 years now. I do consider the model aircraft art as the paint I use on them is"ACRYLIC" here is one I did for a fellow years ago, The pin striping is painted tape Artworks2/Alph of Spokane WA USA....

Default cl215

Wow, Ihope to some day get my models to get the finished look yours has. I finally bought a airbrush and fine line masking tape, this has taken me to the next level. There is only so much you can do with a paintbrush and a shaky hand. Thank you for replying.

Default Hi CL215

Cl215,
    I think your more than on the mark of being an excelant model maker!!! I've yet to do the 215 but will look at your photos closer to gain more inspiration. Now that you have an airbrush there alot of great sites to read for ideas of use. I'd like to correspond more with you since your here in the USA. Let me know Alph

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast