Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Starting From Scratch with $1500

With $1500.00 to spend what would provide the best all round Router table setup, including Router.

Triton table is not an option

Any and all suggestions welcomed?

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Buy an Ozito router for $49.99, cut a hole and nail it to the kitchen table, send the balance of the $1500 to me.

You did say all ideas welcome.
    Boring signature time again!

What he said but buy a fridge first, fill it with beer THEN buy the ozito and formica table.
    If you never made a mistake, you never made anything!

Quote Originally Posted by outback View Post
    Buy an Ozito router for $49.99, cut a hole and nail it to the kitchen table, send the balance of the $1500 to me.
    You did say all ideas welcome.

Good Stuff.

Do you think he'll ever ask another question on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by spokeshave View Post
    Do you think he'll ever ask another question on this forum?
    Of course he will - whether or not it will be of any use to anyone is something else though
    Have a nice day - Cheers

Gidday Hoppoz

EZ-SGS-1 EurekaZone 100 $329.00 (Circular SAw Guide)
    Hitachi C9 299$ (Circular Saw)
    Triton MOF 1400 Router $350.00 (Plunge Router)
    HNT Gordon Smoothing Plane $250 (One of the most versatile planes ever made)
    Set Stanley Chisels $130.00 (Sharp Chisels one of most versatile tools in the shop)
    Veritas Mk2 Honing Guide $62.00
    Combination 1000/6000 waterstone $180.00

TOTAL $1600

Bit over your budget but you'd be suprised at the versatility this kit offers. Let us know what you decided to do and good luck with your choices!

REgards Lou
    Just Do The Best You Can With What You HAve At The Time

Quote Originally Posted by NewLou View Post

TOTAL $1600

Bit over your budget but you'd be suprised at the versatility this kit offers. Let us know what you decided to do and good luck with your choices!

REgards Lou
    Heres the extra hundred bucks.

100 X
    If you never made a mistake, you never made anything!

You did say router setup for $1500. I'd suggest buying the best router you can - the Triton 1400w for $385 from Bunnies and build your own table, as I have. For hints see http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...ead.php?t=6106 save the balance of your money to spend on NewLou's suggestions.

With the $1115 you can get an Incra precision fence, the Triton accessory kit $45 with height winder or spend up on a Rout-r-Raizer.

Really the $1115 would buy the whole kit and caboodle.

Pics of my table will be posted in the next week or so.
    dave
    nothing is so easy to do as when you figure out the impossible.

Hi Hop,

$1500.00 on a router set up is a bit over the top, if you want to spend that amount, have a look at a spindle moulder. I've got the larger Carba-tec one that cost me about $1800.00, however they make a smaller version for around the $1200.oo mark. Most people don't realise how versatile and easy it is to use a spindle moulder compaired to a normal router. I can understand and agree why you don't want a triton table. The spindle moulder is not portable, but how many times do you really need it in this situation.

Kind Regards,
    Ron.

G'Day Hoppoz

I'm looking to get a router table set up with a very similar budget to yourself. I've done a lot of research and come up with the following:

Triton 2400W Router $380
    Incra LS17 Super System $925
    Phelonic Plate $100
    Engineered Router Table Top $185
    Build my own Table $???

Total $1590

If you're set at the $1500 budget you could buy the LS 17 without the Wonder Fence and save $225 or see if you can talk Graeme at Professional Woodworking Supplies into a deal (he has a couple on his web site). There are also a bunch of cheaper Incra fences but the LS17 looks like the Rolls Royce for a router table.

Option 2

Get the Ultralite Combo pack from Professional Woodworkers ($775) which includes the engineered top, phelonic plate, Incra Ultralite fence and a table plus the big Triton Router ($380). Total is $1155 and spend the rest on a good set of router bits, Router Raizer etc.

I'm hooked on the idea of an Incra fence so all my options include it one way or another. They're seriously expensive but they give a router table some serious capability and if you've got $1500 to spend you could do alot worse.

Hope that helps!

regards

Manix

Make your own table, put an good router into it though. The larger Triton is good for table work and costs about $380 as someone said, the smaller one is also good and costs $288 rather than the $350 as someone else said. You could remove the black plastic of the base and screw it directly to your table or buy the mounting plate from Triton and rebate in into the table so it is flush with the rest of the table. I know this is a problem that a lot of people complain about. There is a good plan for a router table at www.gifkins.com.au Really, there are no hard and fast rules about what a router table must be or look like so long as it works for you. Then make yourself a few jigs that work for the type of work that you do.

Yikes miss read the post sorry

I'd just go the large triton n make a MDF torsion box to mount the router in spending the rest on a versatile range of bits.

REgards Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Knurl View Post
    You did say router setup for $1500. I'd suggest buying the best router you can - the Triton 1400w for $385 from Bunnies and build your own table, as I have. For hints see http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...ead.php?t=6106 save the balance of your money to spend on NewLou's suggestions.

With the $1115 you can get an Incra precision fence, the Triton accessory kit $45 with height winder or spend up on a Rout-r-Raizer.

Really the $1115 would buy the whole kit and caboodle.

Pics of my table will be posted in the next week or so.
    Look forward to seeing your table, why did you go with the Triton, say rather than the Dewalt DW625?

As for the Incra that is one option I'm considering but have yet to decide on the supplier, I thought I had it nailed but they have been slow in getting back to me, which is a concern.

Hoppoz

Quote Originally Posted by NewLou View Post
    Yikes miss read the post sorry

I'd just go the large triton n make a MDF torsion box to mount the router in spending the rest on a versatile range of bits.

REgards Lou
    Lou no apology required, at least your response was constructive unlike some of the earlier pitiful attempts at humour by some of the other forum members.

If the choice was down to the Triton or Dewalt, forget about cost, would you still go the Triton?

Hoppoz

Default For Table use the Triton has few peers

Gidday Hoppoz

Personally I'm planning on getting the Big Triton for under the table use Myself.

I'd certainly choose it over the Dewalt for dedicated table use as it has many features that are user friendly and well adapted for Routertable use.

Besides you got a whole army of orange fanatics (The Tritoneers) keen to give anyone a hand who might need setup advise or help right here at the AWF

REgards Lou

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast