Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Please help identify this JIG

I recently picked this jig up at the recycle centre. The made in Australia was the last straw that made me buy it. My guess it is built for a drill to be mounted into it. I think it allows you to setup to drill at an angle to all 3 axis (X, Y and Z). I will follow up with a few close ups.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Default Please help identify this JIG part 2

"SELECTA HOME WORKSHOP" is what is shown on the side (see below) the jig allows you to rotate and select an angle for the three axis. The handle allows you to drive the drill through a set distance. Picture 2 attached.

Default Please help identify this JIG Last part

From this picture you can see where the drill (if I'm correct) is secured and the handle that allows you to drive the drill through the fixed axis.

Nick

If I have done this posting the wrong way please educate me . I have followed the previous postings on reducing the pictures to less than 100kB.

Nick,
    no problems with the picture attachments. You're right, it's a drill atachment. Specifically, a radial arm drill press attachment. Looks well made, but I think you may find that, due to the design, there is significant play in it.

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

Default Radial arm drill press

Mick,

Thanks for the confirmation and proper name. I guess this is a portable version of the big fellas I Googled. I agree about the probability of significant play when moving the drill. Maybe I will convert it into something that will hold things at different angles (eg: laser pointer).

Again thanks,

Nick

Hi

Is there a manufacturer on the jig?

Cheers
    Peter

Default Manufacturer = SELECTA HOME WORKSHOP?

Peter,

On the second picture it shows the only details I could readily see SELECTA HOME WORKSHOP Made in Australia.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Peter,

On the second picture it shows the only details I could readily see SELECTA HOME WORKSHOP Made in Australia.

Nick
    Could be this mob
    If you never made a mistake, you never made anything!

Default Thanks

Thanks Shedhand, that was the best I could also find. I too prefer the single malt.

Nick

Arrow Another Selecta Home-Master

Hi,

I picked another of these up at a car boot sale in Edinburgh, UK. It cost me £3. I was well chuffed - still am...

Would anyone know where to find literature for this thing?

There is a sticker on the base suggesting it will rip saw, cross-cut, groove, scarf, mitre, undercut, drill, rout, grind, polish, turn and sand. "Look! 360 degree movement all ways". "Compact versatile full 360 degree universal movement".

Mine also has a table with parallel fence. The table can be rotated and tilted. The main vertical has a scribe line to line up the table and arm. There's also a cut in the table as if someone misjudged it with a circular saw!

I'll maybe post photos later, if someone asks nicely. Nice bit of kit. Worthy of a place in my workshop.

Matt

(I hope to clean it up, and dig out the bag of old Black and Decker drill attachements!!!)

Default about your photo from teh selecta home master

I have two instruction manuals in Dutch. One is printed as a brochure and one is completely made with a typewriter. I also have a "illustrated list of parts & accessoiries" from Tool Power Kit from S.N. Bridges en Co. ltd
    Eventually I can scan them, if you are interested.
    Greetings,
    D W.

Hi, DW.

Wow - Dutch?! This thing really got around, it seems!! If you do get around to scanning them, I'd be very keen to see them!

Kind regards
    Matt

Definately a Selecta Home Workshop. I have one I purchased back in the fifties. It was suposed to do everything..
    Mick,
    There is no play in the system because even the drill slide works by clamping a bevelled slide between two other bevels which can be adjusted for friction.
    I have used mine as an overhead router by making a router clamp that attaches to the drill slide. That's why I can vouch for the fact there is no slop. The router I used was an old B&D and to be able to bring that down into the work without trauma by using the drill handle was very useful.Also I used it in very difficult circumstances as an overhead pin router by clamping the pin to the slide. Both tubular arms move through a wide arc of movement and clamp firmly.
    Mine is not in use at the moment but I have plans to resurrect it.
    The original design was made by S N Bridges in England. At least that's where I bought mine.

Jerry
    Every person takes the limit of their own vision for the limits of the world.

Default selecta homemaster

I have owned 2 of these since early 1960's both in super working order exept that my mauals are not so good photo copies. They are super for what they cost originally. They were I belive made by the Elliot company who may have made the emcostar. As was said there were fittings to take most of the electric drills made at the time and even had their own very powerful 1hp/750 watt motor shaped like a big brick (no handles). it is possible to circular saw inc angle .Rout by mounting drill/motor chuck pointing upwards fittings so that a portable jigsaw could fit under the table.Drill at angles quite a distance from the post.with easy depth control . the saw table was removable so you could use it as a portable saw I even have a lathe extention about 3' long.the only thing it won't do is sing /dance and make the tea...Oh yes its a little bit small for anything above light work..Regards Alan....

hey Matt i was wondering if you could post some of those pictures for me please of the drill press. iI have one that was handed down to me and dont know anything about it or what it does or what it can do
    Thanks

Rick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast