Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Coping glazing bars by hand plane.

Thanks to help of blokes on this forum (especially those pictures javali. Ta) I can now cope glazing bars and rails by hand plane (woopi do)

Well, its a actually quite good I think, because I can try any profile I like. And make really small lean looking glazing bars which I think look good on door fronts or whatever.

Found a bit of time this arvo to have a go at coping them for the first time...so I'll show them off...... Just that through dowel idea from that picture you posted Javali.....the bigger ones I'll just use floating tenons for.

1st picture - staged a photo....haven't drilled the hole in the centre piece for the photo...but you'd get the gist

2nd picture - through in some glue and the dowl, and clamping up real hard to close all those gaps ......let it dry overnight....eh Silent.

I made the little flat on the top a bit too wide I think....proportions don't look right....but its the coping idea I wanted to trial.

I'm going to do a Lignum and Zenwood, and not tell you how I did it.... ........ yeh, so , uno, try it yourself !. ...

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Jake,

You have WAAAAAAAY too much time on your hands!
    Cheers

Major Panic

Great work Jake, but you need to give us some clues similar to the way we spoon fed you with the dovie

Oh and i think you broke a forum record tonight - "Ubeauts most Photographed Thumb" Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by MajorPanic View Post
    Jake,

You have WAAAAAAAY too much time on your hands!
    I do ??.......betya, I could rip up them copes, before you even hit the router switch. Certain this time that learning how, is not time wasted.

anyway, you can't talk......show us another pic of those shiny corrigated stanleys Major...... if anyones got too much time on their hands...you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lignum View Post
    Great work Jake, but you need to give us some clues similar to the way we spoon fed you with the dovie
    Clues? ...... oh, you mean you want 'helpful' clues....... no mate, the only clues I'll give will be 'misleading' clues like your so apt at giving. ....Listen, do you want me to come down to Melbourne and hold your hand ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lignum View Post
    Oh and i think you broke a forum record tonight - "Ubeauts most Photographed Thumb" Congratulations
    ta. yeh. the thumbs gives an idea of scale.

[quote=apricotripper;452235......
    anyway, you can't talk......show us another pic of those shiny corrigated stanleys Major...... if anyones got too much time on their hands...you do. [/quote]You poor boy! that's not too much time on me hands!!

That's a FETISH!!
    Cheers

Major Panic

Very nice, Jake - you're getting really good at this stuff

Cheers

Paul

Ta Paul. Nice of you to say.

My first attempt at coping failed completely....so I'm thrilled it worked out well this time around.

Next chance I get I'm going to try and cope a fancy profile......... its got no flat on the top, which makes it difficult cause my depth stop or fence has little bearing....but I think I may have a way....just have to try it and see.

Major.....do you have a 4 and 1/2 corrigated stanley amongst your set? .....cause I've got an old one you can have to resurrect (spelling), the wood for the main handles missing, but the rest is fine. .... something for you to do when you've next got too much time on your hands