The following is some correspondence wrt the Bosch Cordless drill GSR 36 V-LI.
Those interested in a gutsy cordless might find the info of use, particularly the info re:
- swapping the batteries (lighter battery when using it for a long time, heavy battery when you need more grunt and time between charging), and
- the 'all steel, keyed chuck' option. (the keyless chucks tend to break when you drop the drill off the roof onto concrete, as my mate did )

There is a hell of a lot of torque in the drill, and the amp rating of the battery is very high.

Also - I had the reply in less than 18 hours.... well done Bosch!

Thank you for your inquiry on Bosch Power Tools and Accessories, received on Monday, 05 Mar 2007. (I received the reply on 06 Mar 07)

In response to your inquiry:
I am looking at the two GSR 36 V-LI cordless drills in your professional
range.
Can you tell me if the drills are exactly the same, and if it is just the
batteries that are different, i.e. one battery is lighter and has less Amp
capacity than the other.
If so, are the two batteries compatable to the drill, or is there a
housing difference?
Does Bosch sell an all-steel, keyed, chuck that fits the GSR 36 V-LI.
Can I buy the batteries on their own?
Thanks, Clinton
We would like to advise:

The housing and components on these 2 drills are exactly the same, other than battery capacity, so batteries are interchangable and can be bought seperately.
A genuine chuck can be purchased for this model using part number 2608572105 which can be ordered through any hardware store or power
tool retailer.
As we are a wholesaler only I am unable to give you any pricing on either parts, however if you provide me with your location, I can provide contact information for your nearest dealer.

I'll put the link in for the Bosch webpage later....