Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Jet 18'' Bandsaw Adjustment

In one of the threads on this saw I alluded to a problem I had but did not want to expand on that until the supplier had had a chance to address the problem. The table was not square to the blade in the direction of feed and while that is not a problem resawing as the cut does not end in the timber, but it is a problem if you are doing stopped cuts in the timber.
    The trunnion mount plate is bent and I presumed as did the supplier that this could be the reason, so they fired off an email and photos to Jet and asked the big question. It appears to be done deliberately so to allow adjustment, the only problem was that they failed to put it in the owners manual or inform the dealers, the table is now square in both directions. If anyone has the problem, remove the table and there are two 4mm grub screws in the trunnion mount which can be adjusted after all the bolts are loosened.
    A big thanks to Ryan at Major Woodworking at Padstow in Sydney for all his help.
    CHRIS

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    In one of the threads on this saw I alluded to a problem I had but did not want to expand on that until the supplier had had a chance to address the problem. The table was not square to the blade in the direction of feed and while that is not a problem resawing as the cut does not end in the timber, but it is a problem if you are doing stopped cuts in the timber.
    The trunnion mount plate is bent and I presumed as did the supplier that this could be the reason, so they fired off an email and photos to Jet and asked the big question. It appears to be done deliberately so to allow adjustment, the only problem was that they failed to put it in the owners manual or inform the dealers, the table is now square in both directions. If anyone has the problem, remove the table and there are two 4mm grub screws in the trunnion mount which can be adjusted after all the bolts are loosened.
    A big thanks to Ryan at Major Woodworking at Padstow in Sydney for all his help.
    Mini, having just signed up for the same machine I am pleased for both of us!

Seriously, I never had a doubt that it would be quickly fixed and as I indicated in my PM felt sure there would be some form of adjustment.

Even so there appears to be a quality control issue that JET needs to take note of. A machine of this quality and price should be well aligned out of the box!

Rgds,
    Brian

They don't get much praise on the forum, but I have always found that the service from Major Woodworking is first class . Good to see somebody else has been dealing with some lovely people.
    John H
    Why do I never seem to cut "too long"?

Thanks for sharing that Mini. Mine is ok I think,( I havn't got round to checking properly yet) but nice to know its easy to fix if the need arises.

Thanks
    Bruce T.