CHORUS
    And there’s a hand, my trusty fiere !
    And gies a hand o’ thine !
    And we’ll tak a right gude-willie-waught,
    for auld lang syne.

CHORUS

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

To say I'm shocked would be a gross understatement!!

Steve & I communicated a lot via PM's. To me he was truly one of Natures Gentlemen. He will live on in our memories & I for one will not forget him.

I will sadly miss our communications

I'm sure though, he is watching ALL of us & having a little snicker at what goes on.
    Cheers

Major Panic

I have just informed Neil (uBeaut) and he too is surprised by Steve's passing and passes on his condolences.
    Have a nice day - Cheers

Default Sorely Missed

When I think of Steve I think of a true gentleman. Steve sold me his woodrat n through this I discovered a man that truely loved the craft of woodworking...................a real entheusiast

N a real gentleman!

I raise my glass to you Steve! thanks for all you have given the Forum & ME!

You'll be sorely missed!!!!

Lou
    Just Do The Best You Can With What You HAve At The Time

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Reminiscent of Spike Milligan, I told you I wasn't feeling well.
    Steve told us he was not well but played us all off with 'it is nothing' 'requires some aggressive treatment', nothing more was said and I suspect he knew what was ahead but perceived it as his own personal battle and didn't want the fuss.
    Steve was a wonderful, generous man who did not have a bad word for anyone, even though we did all laugh when he dropped his plane blade whilst demonstrating his magnificent handmade plane at Scooters place that beautiful afternoon, if only I had known that was the last time I would have seen him, so many times had I meant to catch up, so many times did I fail, probably like many others.
    I trust that Steve realised that he made many good friends on this BB, a lot of whom he met personally, I know not how he died, nor do I care, I know that there is a huge vacancy to fill with his wealth of knowledge and his understanding of woodworking, people and his sense of impeccable style and compassion.
    May you truly rest in peace, and we will never understand your not letting us know that it was that bad.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Just heard the news in the blackwood table tread. It certainly is a shock, second piece of bad news of the week so far.

Although I never met Steve there is still a great deal of respect in the cyber world. All the best to his family that may get the chance to read the positive impact that Steve had on the members of the forum.
    Now proudly sponsored by Binford Tools. Be sure to check out the Binford 6100 - available now at any good tool retailer.

Steve you'll sorely be missed, goodbye Mate RIP.

I had the great honour of meeting Steve at a couple of woodworking events. He was a truly beautiful person. I just can't believe he has left us ... RIP dear Steve.

Aawwhhh, very sad news

Cheers to you Steve.

Michael

Steve was born on Sunday February 5th 1956 in the Channel Islands.

Steve worked for Telstra as a Manager in one of their IT sections writing software for one of their billing departments to do with other telecommunications carriers.

As many have already mentioned, Steve was a quiet gentlemen, a great host and also a wonderful cook. Anyone who has had the pleasure of enjoying a meal at Steve’s will know what I mean.

Steve had many interests one of them being woodwork. Steve did not brag much about his accomplishments and I am certainly not privy to many of those accomplishments but they do include:

Rally driving in South Africa – Steve was a very good rally driver and had completed several advanced rally driving courses. His stories of rally driving in South Africa made you feel as if you were in the car next to him wondering which way is up!

Steve has several times sailed yachts in the Southern Ocean down amongst the ice whilst participating in long distance Ocean Races. To sail in those big seas in some of the big storms Steve had encountered takes guts and determination.

Steve was a dedicated darksider who also used electron burners because they were at times convenient. Who amongst us could ever forget his determination and sweat making his plane. Justifiably Steve was very proud of that plane that worked so well. The fine shavings it produced gave Steve a lot of pleasure.

Steve was born on exactly the same day as me, had an interest in sailing (far beyond my efforts), an interest in off road driving, we had similar careers and of course we both shared the love of woodwork. It was our passion of woodwork and both being members of this Bulletin Board that made our paths cross.

I recall Steve’s dry sense of humour one night at his place when he asked Sturdee who was the eldest – himself or me? Poor Sturdee didn’t in his wildest dreams figure we were the same age and politely gave some answer which wasn’t “you are both the same age”.

I was shocked today to hear the news like the rest of you.

Meg and I will both dearly miss you Steve, it was a privilege to have met you mate.
    - Wood Borer

That's stunned me, very sad news indeed. I was only just thinking I hadn't seen a post from Steve for a bit. He'll be sadly missed by all of us.

RIP Steve
    Andy Mac
    Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

Stunned and then some , rest easy old mate.
    Ashore

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

It is with great sadness that I have just learned of Steves ( Auld Bassoon ) passing. I did not have the pleasure of making his acquaintance, but have always enjoyed and learned much from his posts. He will be sadly missed by all on this forum.
    Gone from us now, but not forgotten.
    Barry.

RIP Steve, glad to have met you.

Hope you mastered adjusting that infill smoother to your satisfaction, mate.

Regards...............Sean

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Although I did not meet Steve, I did gain a lot from his posts and his input will be greatly missed.

John

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast