Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Bunnings security

It seems to me that every time I'm in Bunnings lately, there's always the announcement "security to isle three please" or "security camera two". And then comes the reply, "security acknowledged".

Who do they think they are kidding ? It must go on all day!

They musty have a bad shoplifting problem but this is getting so common I doubt the shoplifters would worry about it. It wouldn't deter them at all.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Same here at Epping, I thing its a parrot that has been trained to talk when its hungry and wants food.

Sqaurk..

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    It seems to me that every time I'm in Bunnings lately, there's always the announcement "security to isle three please" or "security camera two". And then comes the reply, "security acknowledged".

Who do they think they are kidding ? It must go on all day!

They musty have a bad shoplifting problem but this is getting so common I doubt the shoplifters would worry about it. It wouldn't deter them at all.
    The strange thing is that nobody ever rushes to these spots that are identified. Last time it was to an isle I was in and I waited for ten minutes, whilst sorting out what I needed, and nobody turned up despite the "security acknowledged".

And it seems that it is the same shrilly female voice at both stores I shop at.

Peter.

Phew, I was beginning to wonder why it always happened 5min after I walked into the store.

Cheers
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee View Post
    The strange thing is that nobody ever rushes to these spots that are identified. Last time it was to an isle I was in and I waited for ten minutes, whilst sorting out what I needed, and nobody turned up despite the "security acknowledged".

Peter.
    But did you notice that pizza van that followed you home?

Al

Quote Originally Posted by mic-d View Post
    Phew, I was beginning to wonder why it always happened 5min after I walked into the store.

Cheers
    Michael
    Yeah, they have special facial recognition software in their security cameras

It's funny really isn't it. The same thing happens at Super Cheap Auto up here. I was the only one in a shop one morning and was under incredible security scrutiny.

I mentioned the practice to one of the women on the checkouts and she just laughed and shook her head at it.

Default Kmart

Same thing happens at Kmart!!

I know someone who works a security situation and they have tv monitors that watch hundreds of stores from one location (no doubt with facial identifcation)
    In addition to the comments above.
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Facial identification only works if you have a database to compare against. I doubt that under EU privacy regulations that any commercial organisation could legally have such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by markharrison View Post
    Facial identification only works if you have a database to compare against. I doubt that under EU privacy regulations that any commercial organisation could legally have such a thing.
    Think again Mark. I watched a show a few months ago about facial recognition software, CCTV, Police and Customs. It is already in place in the Middle East in some airports.

In a few years time, CCTV will be able to retrace a person's movements by backwards chaining the recognised face from an event. In other words, if someone causes a ruckus, very quickly they should be able to identify which cameras captured that person and link the footage, providing a brief history. Spooky.

Oh yeah, if you "tag" a face, the computers can find that person for you and bring up the camera that currently "has" them. All not very far away.

I have noticed the same thing in the west - my wife says they are watching me! I think it is a recording but have never really listened enough to see what isles are actually mentioned. Does it differ from store to store. My local bunnings would be lucky if it has 10 isles but the warehouses have twice that. Does that mean that isle 16 never gets mentioned or does my local have a phantom isle 16 that does?

Hey guys sorry to break it to you, there is no security, its all a pre recorded message, all the big shops like k-mart and bunnings have them. It dawned on me when i went to Kmart at 0805h and heard it. Who has security 5 minutes after opening!

Cheers
    Pulse

Quote Originally Posted by Rossluck View Post
    It's funny really isn't it. The same thing happens at Super Cheap Auto up here. I was the only one in a shop one morning and was under incredible security scrutiny.
    I heard that. So it was you they were on about.

Supercheap has their own radio program, coming out of Brisbane via land lines, that is broadcast simultaneous at all their stores. It features music, news and weather, adds for their own goods and the security alerts. Same alert at the same time all over.

Peter.

K Mart has its own "radio"??? station would that be broadcast the same as super clap then ...ie recorded music and adverts along with security alerts.
    I used to know someone who was a security inspector she would go into a store and be given a mobile phone it would ring, she'd answer and down to isle whatever "looking for something' damn she was good at her job too.
    Tonz
    I would love to grow my own food, but I can not find bacon seeds

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast