Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Death

Default Death

I have been saddened by the string of deaths on the board. I do appreciate the sharing on here, and hopefully our sympathy and condolonces have been some comfort to each other, and particularly those who have lost loved ones. This is a real community, even if it is mainly 'virtual'.

That said, I'd like to kindly request that none of the rest of you lot die. At least for the next month or so. For my part, I will be doing my best to remain above ground and above room temperature, and would really appreciate it if you would all do the same. If we all pull together, I think we could make May a death-free month.

What do you reckon?

Kind regards,

Tex

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Being a relative newbie here I'll agree. I've met some wonderful and very helpful folks here and I'd kind of like them to hang around too .

Hopefully our fur kid will do the same, amazing how much like family they get - this from the worlds *retired* all time cat hater - the fur kid in the avatar showed me the error of my ways and converted me fully. Good souls have no restriction on what form they occupy. Nice to be wrong sometimes. And no, people who knew me before don't believe it, but 'tis true .

Rough last 24 hours, some time in the shop would sure help, perhaps later. Just got back from the vet and the worst didn't materialize so we are calming down some. Hopefully things will improve.
    Last edited by Fox3; 5th May 2007 at 10:06 AM. Reason: typos

Tex,

I am sure we would all like to remain warm and still breathing for the remainder of May, I certainly intend to remain that way as there are a few things I need to get done to keep SWMBO on side.

Cheers, John.

Tex

If you do inadvertently turn up your toes during May, may I have your Leigh jig and tablesaw?
    Bodgy
    "Is it not enough simply to be able to appreciate the beauty of the garden without it being necessary to believe that there are faeries at the bottom of it? " Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Bodgy View Post
    Tex

If you do inadvertently turn up your toes during May, may I have your Leigh jig and tablesaw?

LOL. I think I should answer no, just to make sure there are no misaligned incentives.

Tex

In light of the recent deaths of members, one only yesterday, I suggest you delete this thread.

I don't think you are being disrespectful but I don't think it's an appropriate topic either, particularly a this time.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

I really don't think this thread is in bad taste Gumby,
    rather that it's a reminder that we are all mortal.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

I don't think it is either Bob, but it serves no purpose and could upset some others in a time when they are emotional.

I note that it has been largely ignored all day, so i'd say the majority agree with my thoughts.

I don't want this thread to keep getting bumped to the top so I won't be posting in this one again.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

Apologies to those I have offended.

Tex