Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Unhappy IT official--got to start packing up the shed

Gidday Guys,
    tonight I am sitting here feeling bit sad but excited too. Tommorrow I have to start to pack up the shed. My husband officially resigned today from his job. He goes in and does a weeks course then we come back to Winton for a week so he can resheet his parents house and then by the next week we will be in Townsville ready for him to start work. Like I know the move is the best thing for my husband. But the drop in wage is going to be hard but the trade for him is going to be the best thing. Like a council worker he can't go up much more A tradesman he can work where he likes. But tonight I am bit concerned about packing up my tools. I enjoy my nightly fix. I been putting it off but weekend nearly here. For the first few weeks there is no where to set up my toys
    However my husband said he won't let me miss out my play too long even if he has to set me up in our bedroom. Married a good guy I did. He will figure out soemthing for me. So I am going to take my leda in with me and my big girl will be going into storage till we have settlement on our house. So many changes, but I am hoping I will get more shed time because can't drive in Townsville yet..to busy, way to busy. Me a country bumpkin. You can take the girl out the country but you can't take the country out of a girl.
    So after Sunday I be talking to you when we are settled in our house
    Toni

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Good luck!

(And I've always said the li'l Ledas will see you right when the big gals can't. )
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

You hang in there Toni, it be all over before you know it.

Just try not to get too many shavings over the bed or hubby might change his mind
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

I spent a big part of my life in Townsville. Very big and busy now. But once you learn the major roads it is easy to get around. Have fun, hope your move goes smoothly.

Donna

Shucks, Toni. Don't you have an extension cord or two? At my previous house, my "shop" was a backyard patio with no roof. A lot of schlepping stuff in and out, but cleanup was easy: Mother Nature did most of the work.

Joe
    Of course truth is stranger than fiction.
    Fiction has to make sense. - Mark Twain

things have changed this morning.. Hubby is working til the 6th July
    Toni

Good luck with the move when it happens!

You should be able to work outside in Townsville until the summer - coming from Winton you'll notice the humidity!

Had to LOL at the "driving in the big city" comment because I learned to drive in Sydney .

Steph

Quote Originally Posted by lubbing5cherubs View Post
    things have changed this morning.. Hubby is working til the 6th July
    Toni
    Keep us informed. Have they got internet up there ?
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Hey Toni

Good luck with the move, Townsville seems a very nice city and I'm sure there is probably quite a few turners there to compare notes with, which'll be great for you

cheers

Robyn

Cool go with the flow...

Yes Toni your very lucky.....you do have a good man....that's the most important thing you said.....

Sounds to me like you don't have to worry, he is worrying enough for the both of you, changing his career, making sure your considered....you two obviously have the main concern in life worked out...each other...

....then there's the woodwork stuff....that makes you feel good, until he comes home....it's a great hobby to fill the void when your partner is not home with you to do something better....bet he is your biggest fan, your best inspiration....

....and the packing up....oh...look on it as a great chance to make an infantry of all the tools you have....so.. you know what ones you need....in the new shed!

Best of luck with your new adventure.....
    Hey, I was a real country chick, hadn't been to a city until I was over 20....ok bit older now, but will drive where most people wouldn't consider....in the cleaning trade at 4am in the morning...yep you own the city then!....LOL....just remember being a country gal you have more nouse in your little finger....its called practical living, the city folk are so far behind the eight ball....
    god bless, stay positive & be happy!
    sincere regards KEKEMO
    Don't think you're playing it safe by walking in the middle of the road.....that's the surest way to get hit by traffic coming from both ways!
    I'm passionate about woodwork.......making Sawdust again & loving it!

It's official today shed was all packed up..less the lathe, drill press and some pen blanks and the pen kits, because this gear can travel in with me but she is all packed up on the truck ready for settlement next monday. To begin it's journey. Been dreading packing up that room but now it done.
    Toni