Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Advice On Toilet Globe/Extractor Fan

Hi,

I was hoping that our renovation of our toilet/laundry area would have been completed by todays visit by the electrician. He was going to fit in a light/extractor unit but having removed a couple of roof tiles above the area of placement he said the depth of the unit was to high. Thus he suggested buying a seperate fan e.g mistral and a batton globe holder. Unfortunately the previous unit (that fitted) was took away by the rubbish man 2 hours prior. He said it would be unlikely that I would find one small enough (160mm max interior depth), thus his suggestion of two seperate items that would operate off the same switch.

Is anyone here aware of a unit (extractor/globe - no heat or one may burn the top of their head if they stay too long sitting ) that would do the job for us? We only have just over a day to purchase one so time is getting short.

If we had to go via seperate units would you say a wall mounted one (see attachment) is appropriate? We have a weatherboard which may make it awkward.

Cheers
    MH

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

We fitted square shaped fan flouro combos that look real nice and work well. Domus is the brand, might just squeeze into your 160mm. We got them from a lighting store but I saw our local Bunnings had something similar last month. They throw a good light and are a big improvement on the old batten look.

Hi,

I have attached an image of the unit we (my wife & I) bought from Bunnings. What surprised though is the statement on the unit box saying "DIY"I wasn't aware (even with new homes) would idealy have a double GPO in the roof just above the toilet(s) and bathrooms(s) .

Cheers
    MH

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Head View Post
    Hi,

I have attached an image of the unit we (my wife & I) bought from Bunnings. What surprised though is the statement on the unit box saying "DIY"I wasn't aware (even with new homes) would idealy have a double GPO in the roof just above the toilet(s) and bathrooms(s) .

Cheers
    MH
    Looks like it is made in the same factory as the one I was talking about except ours is the square model.