Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
    37 Deg, 52. 697' South 145 deg, 15.627' East. Elevation 78M

Default I am a bit annoyed

My wife gets the Carbatec sale newsletter today and she doesn’t even like woodwork. Wonder what’s going on, is it a cleaver ploy by Carbatec seeing that Fathers Day and my birthday are coming up, or could it be that she buys me all my tools.

Phil
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I´m not so sure about the universe.

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Plan ahead me lad plan ahead. I get it posted to me, then circle in black texta what I would like and then..... drum rolll............ post it to the boss. ta da
    I would love to grow my own food, but I can not find bacon seeds

Default Planning ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Tonto View Post
    Plan ahead me lad plan ahead. I get it posted to me, then circle in black texta what I would like and then..... drum rolll............ post it to the boss. ta da
    Tony

I have tried that.

Turned out to be tooooo subtle.

Ta da turned out to be na na
    Ray

Default I Know How To Fix It

This works like a dream at our place.

Years ago I bought my wife anice Beretta shotgun for her birthday. Doesn't use one. I have a need for one, so I borrow it.

She does things like buys me a pair of Prada shoes. I have no need for them so she borrows them.

Bought her a Gifkins Dovetail jig one mothers day. I get to borrow that ............You see where I'm coming from.

Last February I ordered her a Felder sliding Table saw. Should arrive just in time for her birthday in September.

I think fathers day this year I am getting a string of grey pearls with matching ring

Like I said it works for us

Colin Howkins
    Graceville Qld

Hallidays Point - the land of blackbutt and swamp mahogany

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Howkins View Post

Years ago I bought my wife anice Beretta shotgun for her birthday. Doesn't use one. I have a need for one, so I borrow it.

She does things like buys me a pair of Prada shoes. I have no need for them so she borrows them.

Bought her a Gifkins Dovetail jig one mothers day. I get to borrow that ............You see where I'm coming from.

Last February I ordered her a Felder sliding Table saw. Should arrive just in time for her birthday in September.

I think fathers day this year I am getting a string of grey pearls with matching ring

Colin Howkins
    Graceville Qld
    Call me old fashioned, but I like to let the LOML know that I'm thinking of them on their birthday - not myself! And, that I've gone to the trouble of finding out what they'd like.

Then of course, I get to look forward to my birthday!!
    "... it is better to succeed in originality than to fail in imitation" (Herman Melville's letters)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Spencer View Post
    My wife gets the Carbatec sale newsletter today and she doesn’t even like woodwork. Wonder what’s going on, is it a cleaver ploy by Carbatec seeing that Fathers Day and my birthday are coming up, or could it be that she buys me all my tools.

Phil
    We got two in the mail, one addressed to me and one addressed to SHMBO
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

Sounds like someone's SWMBO has been doing some shopping behind your back, and if she doesn't use them, perhaps you already have a surprise on the way..... That she got a catalogue may be a very good sign!
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Howkins View Post

Colin Howkins
    Graceville Qld
    Better not split up, SWMBO will take the tools and the shotgun and leave you with the pearls and shoes.
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

I_wanna_Shed is offline Now I've got a 10x14m shed! I need a new name...

Quote Originally Posted by Tonto View Post

BEWARE!!!!! Leaving a catalogue around with circled items can be a trap!!!

YOU think that you are giving hints as to what you want to receive. But, once SWMBO sees the catalogue, sooner or later you will hear "you said that this tool cost you $40, but here it is advertised for $280!".

Its a fierce trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart. View Post
    Sounds like someone's SWMBO has been doing some shopping behind your back, and if she doesn't use them, perhaps you already have a surprise on the way..... That she got a catalogue may be a very good sign!
    Yes, she's clearly done something to get onto their mailing list... don't be annoyed, be rather excited.

I find just circling the things you fancy in the catalogue to be too subtle. Now I actually fill out an order form, with the generous giver's credit card details, and say, "Sign this, please, darling, and you'll be saved all the stress of choosing me a perfect gift".
    "Look out! Mum's in the shed and she's got a hammer!"

Reminds me - my wife is demanding me tell her what I want for Father's Day (1st one ever)

decisions decisions!!!
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

I was as subtle as a brick through the window and it still took me three years to get my gifkins jig. I even saved the link to the gifkins site in her bookmarked webpages titled "buy andrew one of these". She claims she didn't see it (I got a bloody electric razor instead. No idea what I am getting this year, would love a supernova chuck though

Corbs
    It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen View Post
    Better not split up, SWMBO will take the tools and the shotgun and leave you with the pearls and shoes.
    Mate I hope not, been together 34 years now, and learning to walk in stiletto's i'td kill me, and pearls arn't me. The handbrake with power tools would be a candidate for the paraplegic ward!!

But as I said works for us

Colin Howkins
    Graceville Qld