Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

thumbsucker, it is my understanding that the Clove oil used by Samurai, is pure Clove and so highly refined it is almost colourless

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

I just bought a can of lanaotec's liquid lanolin. Haven't used it yet (bloody flu) but it looks real good sitting beside the 'puter and after reading the can it seems better than good old fashioned snake oil that those charlatans used to sell from the back of their caravans that cured everything from squeaky hinges to brain tumas. Can't wait to find out if it works.
    Evidently it is environmentally friendly as well.
    Cheers
    Jim

"I see dumb peope!"

Interesting to hear that WD40 wears off. Does anybody have an idea how long that takes?

I'll have to give Lanolin spray a shot. Do you guys apply it after every project, and when applying it, do you go as far as taking the irons out of your planes and wiping them down thoroughly?

I have a piece of steel freshly ground surface, sprayed half with Lanolin, it is only now showing signs of rust after 18 months left out in the weather it is a good heay duty rust preventitive, although I personaly think it is too heavy and sticky for use on hand tools etc.

Having seen various references to Lanotec Liquid Lanolin, I finally bought some today.

Every time I was in Bunnies I forgot.

Was there today to get some Triton glue and actually remembered. Took me ages to find it, asking a staf member got the usual blank look. When I finally found it, they were selling out of it. They had 3 different packages, spray can (400g), spray bottle (750ml) and 1ltr container. Bought the spray bottle (kinder on the environment) price down from about $18 to $11.44. That should last me e while.

So if any of you are looking to buy this, either for the first time or as a top-up, Bunnies won't be stocking it any more.

Surely any form of rust preventer on your tool will ultimately get on the wood your working with. Wont WD40 etc muck up the finished job??

.... "Don't tell him your name Pike!"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Shed View Post
    Having seen various references to Lanotec Liquid Lanolin, I finally bought some today.

Every time I was in Bunnies I forgot.

Was there today to get some Triton glue and actually remembered. Took me ages to find it, asking a staf member got the usual blank look. When I finally found it, they were selling out of it. They had 3 different packages, spray can (400g), spray bottle (750ml) and 1ltr container. Bought the spray bottle (kinder on the environment) price down from about $18 to $11.44. That should last me e while.

So if any of you are looking to buy this, either for the first time or as a top-up, Bunnies won't be stocking it any more.
    Where abouts was it hidden in Bunnings?

Chris

What kind of glue are we talking about here? Presumably not the Premium WW adhesive?

Kaiser, yes, WD40 wouldn't do wonders but with several machines you be taking more timber off afterwards so unless it was drenched it wouldn't matter. I like paste wax or Lanoguard on the jointer.
    Cheers, Ern

Quote Originally Posted by rsser View Post
    What kind of glue are we talking about here? Presumably not the Premium WW adhesive?

Kaiser, yes, WD40 wouldn't do wonders but with several machines you be taking more timber off afterwards so unless it was drenched it wouldn't matter. I like paste wax or Lanoguard on the jointer.
    Ern, we may be at cross purposes here. Yes, I bought the Triton Premium WW adhesive, 500ml bottle for $12.44.

I then remembered that I wanted some Lanotec Liquid Lanolin, and then I found Bunnies were selling out of it. I bought a 750ml spray bottle of Lanotec Lquid Lanolin for $11.44.

Chris, can't remember the isle but from memory it was the first isle of the paint section, you can always ask a "team member" (good luck)

Cross-linked?

Gotcha.

btw, what's good about the Triton glue?
    Cheers, Ern

Quote Originally Posted by rsser View Post
    Cross-linked?

Gotcha.

btw, what's good about the Triton glue?
    Yes, cross-linked.

Sticks like sh*t to a blanket. Have always used it, much better than Aquadhere.

One product from carbatec called Camelia oil id the beez neez
    "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"
    (Edmund Burke 1729-1797)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12