Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Upholstery

Just to let everyone know that we are now doing Morning, Afternoon and Evening classes in our Melbourne factory/showroom. We have people travel from places such as Mansfield, Sale, Geelong and Ballarat to attend our weekly classes.
    Check out our Upholstery Courses online at http://www.padghamupholstery.com.au
    For those in other states we have a great range of Upholstery DIY books , tools etc available online.
    Last edited by adrianp; 16th May 2011 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Typo

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Default staples

Hi classes sound good - but I'm in sydney I'm after a staple gun for when I do screen printing & maybe some upholstery down the track- what would be the best size to get /
    planepig

Smile Staple Guns and magnetic hammers

If you want a staple gun for upholstery you need a gun that is driven by an air compressor otherwise it is not powerful enough to drive the staples through hardwood. An 80 series staple gun is the best for Upholstery.
    In our classes our students use a magnetic upholsterers hammer. The hammers are just what you need if you dont want to spend the money on a gun and compressor.
    We will be in Sydney next week June 17,18,19 at the Timber and Working with Wood Show at the RHI and Moore Pavillion and you can see them at our stand.
    If you are not able to get to the show you can see them in our online store.
    Adrian from Padgham Upholstery and UpholsterySupplies.com.au

Default Upholstery DVD now available

Although we are Melbourne based upholstery supplies company we get daily requests to hold classes interstate. Due to overwhelming demand we have made a DVD on how to rebuild a coil spring seat.
    See the DVD trailer [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVfCC0B9_go]Padgham Uphol DVD Trailer.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]
    We are also offer free ongoing advice on all your upholstery projects

DVD useful but anyone got tips on a suitable Sydney-based course. I've done a couple before but in another time and place.

Default DVD and Classes

Glad you found our Padgham Upholstery Rebuilding A Coil Spring Seat DVD informative. We had many requests for people wanting to know how to upholster a sprung chair who are unable to come to our classes in Melbourne. As you are Sydney I can suggest you contact Macquarie Evening College, Nepean Community College - Penrith and Katoomba and St George Hurstville College who run classes. We have no links to these courses however have been told about them by our customers.

Adrian, thanks for these suggestions - these are some seriously far-flung locations for someone who lives in inner-city Sydney with no car but Hurstville might be a goer by the skin of its teeth. I will investigate.

Can hopefully visit your shop next time in Melbourne.

I know this is a bit of an old thread, just encase anyone new stumbles upon it in the search of upholstery tools, we have recently launched our new online store at https://ozupholsterysupplies.com.au, if anyone has any queries on specific tools or anything else upholstery, I'd be glad to help via private message/email.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12