Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mathews Timber in Vermont. The timber is faultless maybe more per metre but worth it in my book.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Tile Importers are a great place to shop for cheap timber .....but ....according to "bunnies" ..the "quality" is not as good ...this was told to me in a recent trip to bunnies after I failed to get a required length of 140 x19 pine I wanted from TI....My other (insert expletive) was that bunnies was charging more than three times the cost for 140 x19 pine per metre than Tile Importers ....so i took them to task over it and went to the trade counter and complained .....marched the "manager" down to the rack and said .....are you ppl delusional?....do you seriously expect to get away with charging such outrageous prices?.....He said : "whats the problem mate?"......your charging $5.80 per metre for this (pointing to the 140 x19) and I just paid $1.80 per metre for it at another timber store...pointing to receipt.....oh we dont match prices with them, they are a timber "merchant" he said .....that may be the case says I, but they also deal with the general public I said ....any joe blogs can walk in and buy somthing I said , just like they do here ....so lets go and sharpen our pencil shall we, because I am not paying that rediculous price and you do want to keep me happy dont you? says I .....well we walked back to the trade counter .....he sharpened His pencil ......and I got what I wanted for double the price I paid at Tile Importers ....almost ...I paid $4 a metre for it.....so my advice is stand up for yourself and dont take no for an answer .....your the customer ......and as far as quality is concerned ......there is no such thing as "noname" pine or "brandname" pine.......its all pine ....store it wrong....it'll warp ....treat it rough ...it'll crack .....but at the end of the day ......it's just pine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12