Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default A Few Thanks on Reserrecting my Deck

Hi Everyone

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank a couple of people who have been instrumental in my quest to reserect my deck around the pool. Firstly I would like to thank Jim J who was the first to give me advice on how to go about this task and after several lengthy telephone conversations over the New Year break - yes thats right during his holidays.

I have commenced the task of treating the deck before applying the choosen colour of Spa N Deck. I tried this product on a smaller deck that serves the side area to my property with fantastic results. I followed Jims instructions to the letter and wow what a great result. I have also tried the same process on a small lift out section of deck from the pool area that I am now about to tackle. Again this has given me great hope in reserecting this 15+ year old deck. I will take some pictures before I start today and post the pre and post results in the near future. Once again thanks Jim J for your advice, your methods certainly worked on the small deck and sample I used to choose the colour for the Pool area.

Secondly I would like to thank Norman Wilson the Flood Australia Rep for Victoria who supplied samples of Spa N Deck after contacting him via my Paint Spot Outlet here in Craigieburn. He also gave me some valuable advice on using the Flood Company's product for the job at hand and I can say that if the Pool Decking comes up as well as the sample section I have tried I will (as will my Wife) be a very pleased user of the Spa N Deck product.

Thanks guys.

colind123

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Dear Colin,

Thank you for the very kind words and I am sure that I can speak on behalf of Norman as well. Although I do not work for the Flood company, I have been amazed on many occasions with their level of support. They will bend over backwards to help people achieve the best result.
    This forum is a great source of help to many people and I feel fortunate to be able to read through many conversations and make my own decision on what might suit me.
    As we all know there are many different opinions and techniques and it is just the case of sifting, comparing and then just going for it. And at the end of the day knowing when you get home after a very &^%$* day that the beer fridge is absolutely full to help you forget why you are stupid enough to want to spend the entire day on someones hot deck.

Jim J www.restore-a-deck.com.au

What color did you apply?

I too got three samples back from Flood - Cedar, Merbau and Jarrah. They all look the same. One is not redder than the other or browner than the other. One color, just different hue. Just saying what I received. I got a letter from the rep. All that's good and I'm sure if I ring him he'll offer heaps of help. No problems there.

My dilemma is that my customer wants a dark brown color / walnut. What do I do?

Dr - 307.
    All decks should be stained....black white black white black white.......after all it would match anything!
    All roofs should be covered or tiled.....black colorbond, silver mist, black colorbond, silver mist, black colorbond.........after all, we wouldn't want a mismatch!

Merbau- Kwila when just wet with water is a golden orange colour with little yellow flecks running through it. Flood make a Spa&Deck called Sedonna which is the darkest tint. It looks like chocalate syrup when stirred . It is a close to a walnut brown as you can get and yet still see some grain which is what most people want. Try that shade and see what you get.

JimJ www.restore-a-deck.com.au