Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post 1 piece or 2 piece toilet whats difference?

hi i have a chance to purchase a one piece toilet s-trap very cheap and was wondering if the cost of fitting it in new house would be different to a 2 piece one thx

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Depends on how cheap and where it comes from. Might turn out to be more hassle than what its worth. Make sure waste and water set-outs are right for it before you buy it. Otherwise the only thing I could see to make it more expensive would be time installing it.
    Plumbers were around long before Jesus was a carpenter

Post thx wonderplumb

thx for that i checked details and they are :measurements:720x390x690
    s-trap:240mm
    outlet:end to end 100mm
    3/6 dual flush cistern
    thats what was advertised so hopefully you know what it all means the price was $100.00 picked up brand new 2009 series.the house isnt built yet so the plumbing will be done to suit this system.would it cost more to install then normal 2 piece system cheers shelley

Does it have a hidden rear cistern inlet? These can cuase a bit of stuffing around sometimes. I've never heard of a one piece toilet - I think you mean a close coupled where the cistern sits on the pan and looks like 1 piece. $100 bucks is pretty cheap.

its definately a one piece ceramic closed coupling toilet and cistern very modern looking and its new and yes cheap probably hot but im sure they dont have serial nos. lol a guy on ebay is selling them he has already sold heaps of them and feedback is all positive so i may take the chance on one thanks guys

You don't have a link to the ebay seller - I need a toilet. My immediatte suspicion is that the inlet/outlet flush mechanism could be crappy. These mechanisms are a mega PITA to fix.

hey doogie his ebay id is kerim86 and he is located in coburg victoria the toilet i was talking about hasnt been relisted yet but if you check out his feedback you can look at the $100 other people have brought from him there the same as i want there is other ones available now for $150.00 these are all buy it now prices so no bidding cheers shelley

I really don't know what to make of those toilets - They are 1/4 the price of brand name similiar systems. I dont think I would pay too much attention to the feedback becuase I'll bet that most of the buyers would not have had their toilets installed when they posted.

I wonder how hard you could get spare parts!! A good designed toilet shouldnt need any parts for a few years at least - and maybe these are simple copies of brand names - hence interchangeable parts - Maybe a plumber can advise.

I just dont know

Smile

the price does seem to good to be true but as long as they last 6mths i intend on selling not sure if im still responsible for the dunny for 6 1/2 yrs i wouldnt think so i think its only structural thx for looking im going to buy one in a few weeks so ill see what they look like personally

Parts, Im not sure ive never had to service one nor have I had to put one in. $100 sounds too cheap, a bit suss I reckon. First thing you must do Shelley is make sure it is approved by standards australia, otherwise your plumber wont touch it. There is a lot of dodgey people out there importing a lot of crap, usually from europe or UAE. Just be carefull. Tell the bloke you want to see documentation to support these things being approved, just seeing a sticker onit is no good, you can print these anywhere. It should have warranty against workmanship, at worst if it has a dodgey inlet valve from china in it it will backsyphon into your water supply from the cistern. Personally I wouldnt go anywhere near it.
    Plumbers were around long before Jesus was a carpenter

As well as possible inlet & outlet valve replacement difficulties, the seat won't last forever and good luck replacing that one in a few years.

Problem is you get sucked in by the cheap initial purchase price and end up paying more for it in the long run.

Best to stick to a known brand and configuration. If you look, you will surely find a close coupled Caroma or Fowler that someone bought and can't use and is being sold off for what ever they can get.

I bought a Caroma Vintage suite and a Fowler Antique style dunny from Ebay in the last couple of years for super bargain prices and they perfect. I also bought a brand new Caroma standard pan for $5, that will do for the outhouse. So the bargains are there.
    Cheers

Alan M

My Daughter's food blog www.spicyicecream.com.au

thx guys ill take all your advice into consideration before i purchase anything thanks again much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by bingoshelley View Post
    the price does seem to good to be true but as long as they last 6mths i intend on selling
    Good for you!

I hope you get dudded by every subcontractor along the way. With an attitude like that you deserve it!

... and I'll bet you'd be the first to whinge if someone did that to you too!

Why don't you pay a fair amount for something you know won't cause grief to your customers??

P

Cool

thx bitingmidge i guess your name says it all i took on board all the help and said i would definately take note of what they said so please dont take things the wrong way as i have no intentions of ripping anyone off sorry if it came across that way

Cool!

P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast