Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Oops, I'm a sugar bowl...

Here's a lidded bowl I've been working on for a little while. The lid is Banksia Wood, not the nut, and the bowl is some sort of Eucalypt I picked up off a tree lopper. For the base I put a Y section of branch between centres, with the axis running through the meeting point of the 3 bits in the Y, or straight out of the screen you are now looking at. Then I rounded the outside of the bowl so on the sides there are three branch ends running out of the sides. That also left me with two bark inclusions which the bark later fell off leaving the rough patches. The wood is soooooo beautiful. Originally I finished it with a pre-catalysed lacquer but hated the golden honey wash it gave to the wood so I sanded it back and hit it with Shellawax Cream which I finally managed to get. I like it.
    The lid is a side branch I lopped off the side of a larger Banksia blank I was preparing for Ron. I almost binned the side branch automatically before I stopped and thought about it as a lid. Glad I didn't toss it cause I think it works great. Banksia is the weirdest wood to work though; one part is almost sponge, which I expected, but the centre is one of the hardest woods I've seen. Gave me a heck of a suprise when I realised that. Okay, enough background, what do you all think???

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

View 3. the lid. The hole on the right is a grub hole running through the whole lid but it just seems to fit somehow. Okay, anyhow over to you all.

Default And I'm a little tea pot

Hi
    I think ya need to make your pictures a little smaller.
    I had to scroll nearly a whole screen right, to read your posting.
    Oh btw like the lidded bowl.
    Cheers, Al

Hi Ozwinner. Yeah, the program I'm using is definately not my favourite so I'm still learning the bits and pieces.

Lightbulb

jhunt_2000 - Please learn how to crop your pics. before putting them on the forums. Big oversized pics not only make it hard to view both the post and the pic but they take up valuable space on the server.

Most graphics programs offer both crop and resize facility, even the most basic of them. It doesn't take long to learn how to use them and once learnt it only takes a few seconds to do, and saves the administrators from having to tidy up your postings for you.

Cheers - Neil

Ubeaut, Thanx for doing that, I am having real problems getting the program I'm using to crop my pics despite being able to see the crop button and being able to use other programs (which I currently have no access to, darnit!) fluently. Still trying to work it out but I'll refrain from posting pics until I do.