Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Triton on special ?

I've been patiently waiting for Bunnings to mark down some triton gear for ages but it never seems to happen. The router table and stand for instance is always the same price. Same with the multi stand. I did see the respirator at $258 today but thats about it. Am I waiting in vain or will it happen some time ?

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Unhappy

Hi Gumby,

Bloke at Bunnings told me they don't have specials, just every day low prices.

But if you can find it cheaper elsewhere they will beat it by 10%.

Trouble is, in Lismore they are the only serious contender with Triton gear. Since Bunnings arrived here everyone else has stopped carrying Triton.

Cheers
    Vince

Hi Gumby,

I just bought a Triton saw at Bunnings for $305 - they had to give me 10% off the $339 shown in the new Gasweld catalogue, since they are charging $350 themselves. You would get similar bargains with the other Triton gear in the Gasweld catalogue, which is valid till January, but right now I can't remember if the stand is shown. The catalogues just appear in my postbox from time to time, but perhaps you can get one sent to you. In August I got the Triton router for $370 in the same way. They probably hate me at Bunnings by now!

Cheers,
    Carsten
    Carsten

I agree Carsten, the best way to a good deal is to wait until somebody else has the item on special. The only problem is (and I don't work for Bunnies) that nobody ever seems to beat them on price. Except or rare catologue occassions.
    Oh well, Xmas is coming - maybe my wife has got the hint.....as long asit's orange dear, it will be fine .

Must depends where you are.
    Up here, I can always find a better price than Bunnings on Triton gear... and most of the time, thesea re regular prices at the other places!
    How much wood could the woodchuck chuck if the woodchuck could chuck wood?

I always shop around and can usually get better prices at other chain stores. Then I go to Big B's and get that price less exta 10%. Do I feel guilty? NO - they all mark up products excessively. You can also get good deals by going to Triton Owners Demo nights at various stores. They have special prices on those nights only. See the Triton site for dates and venues.
    Happy New Year to all forum members

Hi Gumby,
    I bought my gear from Bunnings early last year.
    I do pride my self on always getting the best deal, at the expense of annoying everyone in my family.

I purchased, the workcenter, the triton saw, triton router, 2x multistands, maxi table, router table, couple of router bits...etc, anyway I was able to play 2 bunnings stores off against each other and ended up with around a 15% discount. Further more Triton themselves were offering a rebate on some of the big items like the saw, router, workcenter.

So, to stop gloating and answer your question, you could wait for triton to offer another rebate or just be ruthless with your negotiation skills.
    Regards,
    Hem

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

I can second Bunnies attitude to matching other prices less 10%. Admittedly, this was for a Ryobit thicknesser, not a Triton product, but the Bunnies staff didn't bat an eyelid. The lass at the counter had more trouble with me handing over a wad of real money instead of a credit card than she did with giving me the discount ($76 less then Bunnie's own price on the product). This a great lurk and one I'll be keeping an eye on.

Cheers
    Richard

Default Extention Table Great Buy

Just thought I would let you know about a great bargain I just got in Brisbane on the ETA 300 Maxi Table

Bunnings Shelf Price.............$290.00

Mitre 10 - Mt. Ommaney........$275.00 (Normal Price)
    Mitre 10 - 15% off today.......$233.75

Bunnings matched and 10% off again......$210.38

Not Bad......$80 off Bunnings Shelf Price...they knew I got a great deal...but that is their Policy.....hehehehehe

The 10% of the competitors price is only a short term advantage.

Once the competition have stopped stocking items or have ceased trading then Bunnings are free to charge their continually higher prices. Haven't you noticed, very rarely are Bunnings prices lower than their competitors, they only price match after you have done all the work.