Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Air Nailer

Default Air Nailer

I just tried to order an Hitachi air nailer from Amazon and the order got knocked back with a generic message saying it was not available for export. I am wondering if this is because of what it is, a potential weapon in some hands or some other reason. Anyone imported an air nailer before? The price here is $215 and there $70 a huge saving so I would like to do this if possible.
    CHRIS

2. # ADS
    Google Adsense Advertisement

Maybe the US model is different in some way and may not meet australian saftey standards?
    Maybe Hitachi won't allow amazon to sell it's products outside the US?

Quote Originally Posted by nihilism View Post
    Maybe Hitachi won't allow amazon to sell it's products outside the US?
    Yes, that was one of the possible reasons given for rejecting the order. There were several reasons given so I am trying to find out the real one. I might establish an account with a forwarding agency to get this.
    CHRIS

Chris again go see McJings might have what your after at decent price or H&F's sale this weekend not Sunday https://www.machineryhouse.com.au/Nailing-Stapling-Guns

Or you could go through someone like this : Price USA | Shop where you want

PS I have never used them myself, joez

Joez, that would be the next step if I had too. I got a reply from a supplier in the US overnight, it was 5am there and they are willing to ship and gave me a price. Thanks for the link.
    CHRIS

Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    I just tried to order an Hitachi air nailer from Amazon and the order got knocked back with a generic message saying it was not available for export. I am wondering if this is because of what it is, a potential weapon in some hands or some other reason. Anyone imported an air nailer before? The price here is $215 and there $70 a huge saving so I would like to do this if possible.
    Many manufacturers restrict the distribution of their product to the particular market area and some do not ship internationally. You can try places like Tool King in the USA who do ship internationally. They may not ship this product however due to manufacturer restrictions. "Price USA" I have found to be too expensive. They take a margin as well as delivery costs last time I checked.

However, freight cost alone could easily be around $70 and there would be no real saving. But it does make very good sense when the numbers do add up and I would recommend MyUS - US Mail Forwarding, Worldwide Shipping.

I have used them for years and their freight prices are competitive. They give you a unique USA address ( which directs all goods to their warehouse) and you can simply buy goods online for delivery to the USA address. MyUS.com will then on ship to you in accordance with any instructions you leave - they will also combine shipments from different suppliers to save on shipping costs. If in the rare event a USA based retailer won't accept an Aussie credit card, they will buy it for you (for a small fee).

I use my USA address for a wide range of things, not just tools and I even booked a European Cruise through a USA site using the address at a time the US price was over a $1000 cheaper for the same stateroom.

I think it is actually an Amazon restriction. They don't seem to sell any of their hardware range to Australia (amongst others).

Quote Originally Posted by metester View Post
    I think it is actually an Amazon restriction. They don't seem to sell any of their hardware range to Australia (amongst others).
    I only use Amazon with my USA address from MyUS.com. However, even companies that do ship internationally will not ship certain brands due to manufacturer restriction. eg Festool. However, with a USA forwarding address, these problems go away.

For the occasional overseas buy, Makita Tools | Dewalt Power Tools | Porter Cable Tools | Milwaukee Tools | ToolKing.com should be OK but I doubt they will ship controlled distribution items internationally like Festool.